Fee Schedule & Policy Information
Wyoming State Veterinary Laboratory
Current Fee Schedule & Policy Information.
- Pathology Section
- Bacteriology Section
- Virology Section
- Parasitology Section
- Clinical Pathology Section
- Regulatory Serology
- Diagnostic Serology
- Public Health Services
- Toxicology Section
- Recommended Tests
Wyoming State Veterinary Laboratory fee policy is as follows:
- The person/practice/agency requesting services will be billed and will receive all diagnostic reports with no exceptions.
- Fees for diagnostic testing performed for non-agricultural industry (e.g. pharmaceutical companies) and research grants will be assessed an additional 20% charge. This added fee does not apply to other cooperating agencies/institutions and diagnostic laboratories where mutually beneficial collaborations have been arranged in advance.
- The maximum test fee applies to single animal diagnostic submissions and includes all tests performed in-house. The maximum fee does not apply to tests referred to other laboratories or testing assessed an hourly fee, i.e. legal, forensic and insurance cases. The laboratory will contact the submitter if hourly fees may apply. The maximum test fee does not apply to accessions submitted by federal governmental agencies or state/local governmental agencies outside of the state of Wyoming. Additional animals related to the same submission may be accepted for an additional $60.00 each at the discretion of the WSVL. The maximum fee for additional submissions applies to each additional animal submitted at the same time and from the same owner as part of the same problem. Not all testing may be done on each animal at the discretion of WSVL.
- Professional services rendered for forensic, insurance, and other legal claims will be charged at the rate of $150 per hour in addition to other laboratory charges. These services include telephone and other consultations, site visits, document preparation, and legal testimony.
- Services will not be provided to clients with accounts that are greater than 90 days past due.
- Histopathology (surgical biopsy and necropsy “in a jar”) reports will contain a detailed description only at the pathologist’s discretion. If a detailed descriptive report is desired or required this request must be relayed to the pathologist on duty and a charge of $10 may be applied to each accession.
- Income from diagnostic fees supports almost 40% of this laboratory's budget and helps to cover case reporting, telephone charges, and return shipping of packaging material in addition to the diagnostic services provided.
- Individual test fees may change prior to publication of a new fee schedule as a result of significant changes in costs for supplies, reagents and/or diagnostic kits.
- Custom test development is available; please call for details.
- Accessions submitted to the WSVL, including carcasses, tissues and agents isolated from samples, become the property of the WSVL unless other arrangements are made with the laboratory director prior to submission or a current and jointly signed memorandum of understanding between the Laboratory and the submitter or submitting agency/institution is in effect.
- Laboratory results are joint property of the WSVL and the submitter (or submitting agency/institution) that paid for the diagnostic testing. Laboratory results will not be shared with third parties except in the following circumstances:
- There is a legal requirement to do so.
- All cases involving state or federal reportable animal diseases.
- It is in the best interests of animal or human health to do so. This will be decided on a case-by case basis by the laboratory director or, in her/his absence, by the acting director or by the faculty member supervising the appropriate diagnostic section.
As required by statute the laboratory will periodically release summary data of animal disease patterns and trends, and share this information with the Wyoming Livestock Board, Wyoming Department of Health, Wyoming Game and Fish Department, other pertinent state agencies, clients of the laboratory, and the public through scientific and general purpose articles, newsletters, press releases and annual reports.
PDF Fee Schedule
Laboratory Hours & Location
- Sept-April: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- May-Aug: Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Map to Laboratory