Environment & Natural Resources over students in international settings

Environment, Natural Resources & Society (ENRS) Graduate Major

Funding Your Graduate Education


The Haub School provides a variety of ways to fund your graduate education, including graduate research or teaching assistantships and scholarships. A current list of available funding opportunities offered through the Haub School are posted below, and the application process is described below. Please indicate in your Statement of Interest if you are interested in a specific funding opportunity, and then apply directly to the position as described in the position posting. Additional materials may be required for Graduate Research Assistantships.

The Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources has a limited number of graduate assistantships and scholarships per academic year. Assistantships are competitive, fully funded positions and can be either a teaching assistantship or a research assistantship. A full-time graduate assistant is expected to work about 20 hours per week. Assistantships pay for nine credit hours of tuition and fees, a stipend ($1370/month), and health insurance during fall and spring semesters. Graduate assistantships typically do not cover summer enrollment.   

Please indicate in your statement of interest if you are interested in any of the following graduate teaching assistantship(s) and/or scholarship opportunities. Graduate research assistantships require separate, additional applications detailed in the position descriptions below. March 1 is the priority deadline for funding consideration.

Other scholarships through the University of Wyoming are also available. See WyoScholarships.  


Selection Criteria for Graduate Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships

The application deadline for funding consideration is March 1 or as posted in the position description   

  • Relevant skills, knowledge and background for the position  
  • Interest and enthusiasm  
  • Connections to their area of study and/or future career goals  
  • Good fit for the team, location, etc. (disposition, style)  
  • Additional assets of the candidate that go beyond the minimal requirements  
  • Other qualifications as detailed in the position description(s).   
  • Students may be contacted for an interview.   


Haub School Graduate Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships

Funded opportunities are no longer available for a Fall 2024 start date.


Haub School Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA): This position involves assisting Haub School faculty with teaching a course associated with one of the undergraduate academic programs (ENR, ORTM or ESS). This includes planning, teaching, grading, developing materials, researching, report writing, and maintaining office hours.

The Indy Burke Graduate Scholarship: The Indy Burke Graduate Scholarship is a general scholarship eligible to any graduate student applying to the Haub School graduate program in Environment, Natural Resources & Society.  The fund will cover tuition, fees and graduate student stipend for one year.  Recipients of the Indy Burke Scholarship may reapply for a second year. 


Additional funding may be available through the University's Distinguished Graduate Scholars Program for exceptional scholars whose strengths have been demonstrated and enhanced by overcoming adversity. Funding may also be available for McNair Scholars. Please indicate in your application if you identify with these groups. 

Other scholarships through the University of Wyoming are also available. See WyoScholarships.  

Contact and callouts


Haub School of ENR

University of Wyoming
Bim Kendall House
804 E Fremont St
Laramie, WY 82072

Phone: (307) 766-5080
Fax: (307) 766-5099
Email: haub.school@uwyo.edu

Follow Us

facebook icon Instagram icon Twitter icon

Find a job


Visit UW

Steamboat icon