- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
Each semester, Student Success Services hosts a scholarship competition for all active program participants. The scholarship application includes five components:
Students must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year (2023/24).
Students should meet with their SSS advisor at least twice before the application deadline.
3. Financial Lit
Students must fulfill one financial literacy activity. Most participants complete this requirement by attending the annual UniWyo Financial Literacy event in the fall, but see your advisor for other options.
4. Short Essay
Students must write a short essay to be submitted with their general application. The essay must be 400-600 words, addressing one of the provided prompts.
5. Bonus Activities
Bonus activities are not required, but students can earn up to five extra points on their overall score for attending SSS events or other eligible events on campus. *See your advisor for cultural event vouchers.
1. Choose Prompt
- Option #1: Write about something you overcame in your first year of college.
- Option #2: Discuss a book, movie, album, or other piece of media that had a significant impact on your life and explain why.
- Option #3: Write about a "Eureka!" moment you've had, what sparked it, and the effect it had on you.
2. Essay Content
- Clear introduction to topic
- Clear organization pattern
-Strong argument / point / main idea
- Thoughtful explanations
- 400 word minimum / 600 word maximum
- Times New Roman, size 12pt. font, double-spaces
- 1 inch margins
- Include name, date, word count, typed out question, and page numbers
NOTE: Completed scholarship applications must be submitted by the assigned deadline with all components attached in a single document (if possible), including the Fall 2023 scholarship cover sheet.
*Scholarship cover sheet available on SSS WyoCourses page.