4-year College/University

Credit awarded by regionally accredited four-year institutions is considered for transfer to UW. Courses of a vocational-technical nature and developmental courses will typically not be accepted. All other coursework will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis. The Office of the Registrar will review course descriptions for lower-division courses from the awarding school's catalogue and render one of the following decisions: make the course equivalent to a UW course (with USP credit, if appropriate), make the course a general elective transfer course (with USP credit, if appropriate), or determine the course is not acceptable for transfer. Advisers have the authority to revise articulations for courses within their departments and substitute general elective courses for major requirements as appropriate. Additionally, students may use the USP petition process to attempt to have a transfer course count for a USP requirement. All articulations for upper-division courses are made by the departmental faculty. Unless previously articulated, these courses will initially be given upper-division general elective transfer credit, the adviser may substitute courses as appropriate. Transcripts for students pursuing a second bachelor's degree or an advanced degree are reviewed by the student's adviser who informs the Office of the Registrar what courses are applicable to the UW degree program.