Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Student Resources

The Dean of Students Office provides a number of resources to help students with non-academic concerns that may impact success in college.

UW Food Pantry

Students in need of food or personal product support can contact the UW Food Pantry. Please visit the Food Pantry page for more information.

Anyone interested in donating food or personal products to the pantry can drop non-perishable items outside of the Dean of Students Office whenever UW offices are open. More information about how to donate and support the pantry is available on the Food Pantry page

Concerns About Student Behavior

Anyone who is concerned about the wellbeing or welfare of a UW student can ask the Dean of Students Office to proactively reach out to that student. Use our UWyo Cares Report Form to provide information about who needs our help, and why the help is needed.

Pregnant and Parenting Students

Students who are pregnant, have a pregnany-related condition, or are new parents may be eligible for additional academic support. Pregnancy related conditions include pregnancy, childbirth, false pregnancy, miscarriage, termination of a pregnancy, conditions arising in connection with pregnancy, and recovery from any of the listed conditions. Learn more about available support options.

Incidents of Sexual Misconduct

The Dean of Students Office investigates reports of student behavior that may violate UW's Sexual Misconduct Policy. 

Additionally, students who have experienced sexual misconduct, but who are not ready to make a report, can still receive confidential support from the Stop Violence Program and the Albany County SAFE Project. Visit the Stop Violence site for more information.

Disability Support Services

Students who have physical and/or mental conditions that impact their ability to fully meet academic expectations may be eligigble for additional support through UW Disability Support Services. Visit DSS for more information on what conditions qualify, and to complete an application.

Excused (Authorized) Absences

Students who need to miss a few days of class for an unanticipated situation can apply to the Dean of Students Office for an Excused Absence, allowing them to make up any work missed. Learn more about what situations qualify for an Excused Absence, and how to apply.

All School Withdrawal

Students who, for any reason, need to leave UW before the end of the semester can complete an all school withdrawal. Learn more about how to initiate an All School Withdrawal. 

Academic Reinstatement

Students wishing to petition for academic reinstatement, who miss the petition deadline due to  documentable extenuating circumstances, may contact the Dean of Students Office. The Dean of Students will review the extenuating circumstances that impacted the student's ability to complete the petition on time, and if approved the student will be referred back to ACES. If not approved, the student will need to wait until the following semester to submit their petition for reinstatement.

Contact Us

Dean of Students Office

Knight Hall 128

Dept. 3135, 1000 E. University Dr.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-3296

Fax: 307-766-3298


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon