1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-6484
Fax: (307) 766-6771
Fall 2015 Deadline: July 17, 2015
Spring 2016 Deadline: November 20, 2015
Graduate Assistantship Pool Deadline: March 1, 2016
1. Submit Application and Pay the $50.00 Application Fee
2. Send all official transcripts (undergraduate and post-graduate) to the University of Wyoming Admissions office. If you are a UW graduate, this requirement is waived. A minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required.
3. Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MPA Admissions Committee sets the program standard at minimum percentiles. A 60th percentile on the Verbal portion and a 40th percentile on the Quantitative portion of the exam are expected of our applicants. The institutional reporting code for the University of Wyoming is 4855.
4. Submit 2 letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable about your preparation and qualifications for graduate education. E-mail addresses of your recommenders will be provided during your on-line application process.
5. Letter of Interest (2000 words or less) - Answer: Why do you wish to pursue a graduate degree in Public Administration?
6. Analytical Writing Response (2000 words or less) - Respond: For some time, police officers on three adjacent beats have met each other for a coffee break at a restaurant near a point where the three beats intersect. They usually have coffee and a donut and occasionally a piece of pie. The proprietor never charges the officers for their orders. Some people think this practice is acceptable; others think police officers should pay like any other customer of the restaurant. What is your view of the situation?
1. Graduate Assistant Application. Assistantships cover tuition, fees and student insurance as well as offering a monthly stipend for students who work within teaching and research areas within the department. The GA positions are awarded on a competitive basis and require full-time presence in Laramie for the academic year. If interested, please submit application to the Political Science Department. The deadline for applications is March 1st for positions starting the following fall semester.
1. Confidential Financial Aid Statement delivered to UW Admissions office.
2. Official English Proficiency Test Results. TOEFL minimum = 76, IELTS = 6.5. TOEFL information can be found here. UW's institutional reporting code is 4855.
Once all materials have been received, your application is complete. After an evaluation of all credentials by the MPA admissions committee, the director will send a recommendation to the Graduate School to admit or deny.