1000 E. University Ave., Dept. 3274
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4300
Toll Free: (800) 448-7801
Wyoming Women's Foundation – Edelweiss Opportunity Scholarship 2016-2017
The Outreach School is now accepting applications for this scholarship; award to begin during the Fall 2016 semester. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 15, 2016. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION MATERIALS (PDF file).
- be a part time or full time student;
- be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours as an undergraduate student or 4.5 as a graduate student through the Outreach School (Outreach Credit Programs or UW-Casper);
- be classified as a junior, senior, or graduate student;
- be pursuing a University of Wyoming degree;
- be eligible for federal student financial aid through the University of Wyoming (must have current FAFSA on file with the University of Wyoming Financial Aid Office for 2016-2017);
- be a single parent (with preference given to single mothers);
- have demonstrated promise of academic excellence.
- must maintain a 2.0 overall GPA for all University of Wyoming courses taken during award semester;
- agree to participate in a year-end event to share publicly how receiving the scholarship positively affected family life and academic endeavors;
- agree to send a thank-you letter for the award to the Wyoming Women’s Foundation within 30 days of notification of selection;
- complete any other requirements as specified by the Scholarship Committee.
Application Procedure and Materials
- Complete a scholarship application;
- Provide a complete copy of their college transcript;
- Compose a two-page, double-spaced essay that addresses:
- how the student meets the Wyoming Women’s Foundation – Edelweiss Opportunity Scholarship Program criteria;
- what the student’s career goals are; and,
- how receiving this scholarship will make a difference in the student’s life and academic endeavors.
- Submit one letter of reference which substantiates the student’s academic potential and dedication to completing a University of Wyoming degree program through the Outreach School:
- Have a current FAFSA Student Aid Report on file with the University of Wyoming Financial Aid Office for 2016-2017.
- Finalists may be required to participate in a personal interview with the selection committee.
- Confer with any federal/state agencies supplying recipient with living allowances to make sure funding such as this does not affect their benefits.
- The application form;
- The transcript;
- The supporting essay;
- One letter of reference;