Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Facility Reservations|Campus Recreation


Accidents and injuries can and do occur during sport, recreation, and exercise activities. Notice is hereby given that the University of Wyoming is not responsible for accidents, injuries, and/or illnesses that may be incurred while on and/or during the use of university property; nor is the university responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of any accident and/or injury that may occur on university property. The University of Wyoming is not responsible for any items lost/stolen in conjunction with the use of university facilities. Participants understand and agree that their use of university facilities and/or services is at their own risk. For complete facility policies and procedures, please refer to the Campus Recreation Policy and Procedure Guide.

Contact Us

Campus Recreation
Half Acre Recreation and Wellness Center
Dept. 3604
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-3370
Fax: (307) 766-6720
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)

Reserving Campus Recreation Facilities

  • Reservations for Campus Recreation facilities can be requested by completing this online form or in person at the Campus Recreation Business Office during regular facility building hours (see facility schedule)
  • Campus Recreation facilities may only be reserved/rented for the purpose of recreation and exercise activities.
  • Reservations are accepted on a semester basis only through our online form.
  • Reservations made at least 72 hours in advance may guarantee use of the facilities, if space and employees are available.  If a reservation is made less than 72 hours in advance, it may not be possible to obtain employees and the use of the facility may be denied.
  • Confirmation of a reservation for facilities may take up to five (5) days after the facility request form is submitted.  After this request has been approved, an e-mail confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address provided.  Questions can be directed to (307) 766-3428.
  • Cancellation must be made 48 hours prior to start of reservation or employee costs are still the responsibility of the requesting organization.
  • Facility users may be responsible for setup/cleanup of activity area(s).  Additional costs may be applied if recreation staff provides this service.

Additional Reservation Information

Who can reserve campus recreation facilities?

  • UW Affiliated Groups
    • Academic classes and/or active Recognized Student Organization (RSOs) are eligible to reserve activity areas for recreation and/or exercise activities if space is available during open building hours.  All participants must be current Campus Recreation members or purchase a daily guest pass.
    • RSOs are allowed two hour blocks two nights a week during open hors for semester rentals.
    • RSOs must provide insurance IF there event includes outside (non-UW affiliated) individuals or is open to the public.
    • If money will be raised as a donation to an organization, a signed letter on organizational letterhead is required from the organization accepting the donations before the event can take place.
  • Non-UW Affiliated Groups/Organizations
    • If a reservation is open to the public, includes members of the public not sponsored or affiliated with UW, or is from an outside agency/organization (meaning non-UW affiliated), the following waiver must be printed, signed, and returned by each participant to Campus Recreation staff prior to or at the start of the reservation.
    • Non-university affiliated individuals or groups (or events open to the public) must provide a proof of insurance certificate indicating single-liability insurance in which the University of Wyoming is named as additional insured in the amount of $1 million covering bodily injury, including death, and property damage.
    • Non-UW affiliated groups/organizations are limited to reserving the facility outside of regular facility hours. Some exceptions may apply.

What activity areas can be reserved?

Half Acre
  • Pool (capacity = 45): 25 yard lap pool and/or 3' deep shallow end
  • MAC gym (non-spectator area, two courts): basketball, volleyball, Futsal, and badminton
  • Main Gym (three courts): basketball, volleyball, and badminton
  • Racquetball courts (four courts): racquetball, squash, handball, and wallyball
  • Exercise rooms/dance studio (four rooms): dance studio and three exercise room with wood floors and mirrors
  • Cycling studio: 21 Schwinn bikes
  • Main lounge area
  • Classroom
  • Conference Room (10-12 seats)
  • Climbing and bouldering area: bouldering and top-rope climbing instruction required: call (307) 766-6488 for more information.
  • Pool (capacity = 92) 25-yard by 25-meter L-shaped pool with diving well.
  • Gym two courts: basketball and volleyball.
Recreation Fields
  • Fields located at 22nd and Willett can be reserved by calling (307) 766-6492.

Pool reservation considerations

  • Rental of Half Acre or Corbett pool will require hiring a minimum of 2 lifeguards to supervise the use of the pool.  After that, the ratio for lifeguards/participants is 1 lifeguard for every 15 adult participants; more may be needed for minors.
  • Pool limits for Half Acre are 45 participants and 92 participants for Corbett pool at any time during a reservation.
  • Children using diapers must have rubber pants or waterproof diapers to enter the pool.
  • Pool reservations may end 10 minutes before the hour or start 10 minutes after the hour to clear the pool to prepare for the next activity.
  • Minors using the pool must be supervised on deck or in the water at all times.  Please see complete pool guidelines in the Policy and Procedures handbook.

Recreation Facility Rental Fees

Facility Employees Climbing Wall Instructors
$15 per hour $15 per hour

Employees costs are doubled 11 p.m.-8 a.m.

Campus Recreation determines the amount of staff needed depending on the number of participants within the rental request.

Facility Cost
Half Acre pool (currently offline due to construction) $40 per hour
Exercise rooms $15 per hour
Weight room $75 per hour
Courts (Racquetball, Main Gym, MAC) $15 per court, per hour
Climbing wall $40 per hour
Corbett pool $60 per hour
Corbett Gym $15 per court, per hour
Processing will take approximately five working days once a facility request form has been completed. Confirmation may take longer. Call (307)766-3428 for more information.

Recreation Fields: Call (307) 766-6492 for fees

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon