MANDATORY MMR IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT
All new on campus students enrolling at the University of Wyoming must in compliance with the mandatory MMR immunization requirement. This requirement must be met prior to registration for classes. You will not be able to register for classes or be seen at the Student Health Service (except to complete your MMR status) if you have not met this requirement.
To be in compliance with the MMR immunization requirement, an incoming student must document immunity to all three illnesses for which this vaccine protects (measles, mumps, and rubella). Compliance can be accomplished in one of three ways:
- two doses of the MMR immunization, given after 12 months of age with the second dose at least one month after the first dose
- blood tests showing immunity to all three illnesses
- birth date prior to January 1, 1957
To assure correct documentation, you can use the Student Immunization Form (requires a PDF Reader) that can be downloaded here. Please follow the instructions on the Form and return it to the Student Health Service as soon as possible so your registration will not be delayed. An authorized signature of a medical provider is required.
Alternatively, a signed, dated copy of an authorized transcript or immunization record can be appended to the Form. The form and immunization information can be mailed (Attn: Nursing Supervisor), faxed (307-766-2711) or scanned and emailed (email@example.com). If you cannot document your immunity, the MMR vaccination is available at the Student Health Service for a nominal charge. The vaccine is also available at Public Health and physicians offices.
Information on the MMR immunization is available at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/mmr.pdf (requires a PDF Reader)
Additional vaccines recommended for college students by the American College Health Association and the Centers for Disease Control are listed on the form. All are available at the Student Health Service for a nominal charge.Exemptions to this requirement will be considered if there is a medical or religious contraindication.
- If you have a medical exemption, you must complete a Medical Exemption (requires a PDF Reader) request which can be downloaded. The signature of a medical provider is required. The original of this form must be provided to the Student Health Service.
- If you have a religious exemption, you must complete a Religious Exemption (requires a PDF Reader) request which can be downloaded and must be notarized. The original of this form must be provided to the Student Health Service. Previous exemptions received are not acceptable.
International students: There are additional health requirements for international students. International students should read the information on the Student Health Service webpage located at http://www.uwyo.edu/shser/international-students.html.
Outreach students: If you are an Outreach student and are not in classes on the Laramie campus, you are not required to comply with the immunization requirement. If you are an Outreach student and have an immunization hold, please contact the office of the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have the hold removed. Once you change your status and attend classes on the Laramie campus, you must comply with the immunization requirement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Health Service at (307) 766-2130 or email@example.com