Merica Hall, Room 102
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-5300
Please submit nominations for Employee of the Quarter here.
The purpose and history of this award is to recognize UW Staff for their efforts toward excellence in the workplace. Established in March 1985 to recognize outstanding staff as the Employee of the Month Award, it was revised into the current program in January 1990. This award is given to one current UW staff member every calendar year quarter.
Open now and closes Friday, September 11th at 5:00 p.m.
Staff Senate and a representative from UniWyo will present recipients with the following rewards:
▪ $500 from UniWyo Credit Union
▪ Restaurant gift certificate from the Office of the President
▪ Two tickets for a UW Department of Theatre & Dance Performance
▪ Two tickets for a UW Department of Music Performance
▪ Two tickets for a UW Culture Programs event
▪ Two sandwiches at Subway
▪ Art Museum Print & Family Membership
▪ Automatic Entry into the Employee of the Year Award
To be eligible the nominees must:
o Be a classified staff member
o Have completed his/her probation term prior to January of the nomination year
Each nomination must be submitted using the online form. If an incomplete form is received prior to the deadline, the nominator will be contacted to complete the form correctly.
Each nominee must have a minimum of three nominations.
After the nomination period closes, the Recognition Committee will examine the potential candidates. The committee chair will ensure that all of the nominations follow the process guidelines and that there are no descriptors used that compromise anonymity. The Recognition Committee, or designated subcommittee, will select the final award recipient by rating each selection criteria category on a 7-point likert scale. The committee chair will not participate in this final process.
The selection process will be based on the following information:
▪ Nominee’s Quality of Work
▪ Initiative & desire for improving work methods & working conditions in his/her environment
▪ Nominee’s impact within the department/division/University as a whole