Application for the Study Abroad Program
The UW study abroad application process is online through our Cowboys Abroad portal. Application instructions will be given following a personal meeting with a study abroad advisor.
To be included with your application:
- short essay stating why you would like to study abroad
- scanned copy of the photo ID page of your passport
- medical release form (upload from the Cowboys Abroad portal)
Your host university or Program Provider will also require you to complete their application for admission. Additional information may also be required for these applications.
Meet with a study abroad advisor
- Watch the Virtual Information Session. All students are required to complete the Virtual Information Session before a meeting will be scheduled.
- Search for the program that best suits your academic needs.
- Complete the steps on the portal to request an advising appointment with the appropriate Study Abroad Advisor
- Before meeting with the Study Abroad Advisor consider these questions:
- Why do I want to study abroad?
- Where do I want to study abroad?
- Would I like to learn a language?
- What are my academic goals for going abroad?
- Are the classes I need to take available at the place I would like to study?