The Campus Sustainability Committee, UW Departments and several RSOs have collaborated on many great events the entire month of April. For a complete listing of these events click here!
Announcing the Conservation and Efficiency Revolving Fund
The Conservation and Efficiency Revolving Fund (CERF) is a UW Campus Sustainability Committee initiative, successfully established in spring 2014 with $250,000 in seed capital provided by the UW Physical Plant. Revolving funds such as the CERF are innovative funding mechanisms for campus efficiency, conservation, and sustainability projects that demonstrate an excellent return on investment. Savings from these projects are “revolved” back into the CERF to continually fund similar projects.
Specifically, the CERF:
- Provides a formal platform for efficiency and conservation to serve as an investment in the university, rather than a net expense, ensuring beneficial and profitable projects do not go unfunded due to capital constraints;
- Demonstrates good stewardship of state resources by reducing operating expenses;
- Creates a living laboratory for student engagement, applied research, and curriculum-based learning;
- Improves the built environment;
- Reduces exposure to energy price fluctuations;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions per UW’s American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment obligations;
- Provides examples of innovative efficiency measures and processes for implementation throughout the state per the institution’s land grant mission.
The CERF is currently accepting proposals from UW students, staff, and faculty for energy, waste, and water projects! Submissions are due April 1, 2015.
To view the complete Request for Proposals, click here.
The CERF proposal template is available here.
Submit completed applications electronically to Rachael Budowle, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Milton Geiger, email@example.com.
The Campus Sustainability Committee advances sustainability at the University of Wyoming and the broader community by promoting sustainability awareness, using campus as a living laboratory, and maintaining accountability for UW’s American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.