The Campus Sustainability Committee, ASUW, Wyoming Conservation Corps, SLCE, ACRES Farm, ENR Club, Sustainability Club, Nordic Ski Team, RHA, MASS, ROAR and others have come together to help celebrate Earth Day and related activities in April!
- Friday, April 22 from 11 - 1pm, Earth Day Fair with live music, glass recycling and more, Simpson's Plaza
- Saturday, April 23, City Cleanup Day with SLCE
- Saturday, April 23, ENR Club Tree Planting at Curt Gowdy (sign up at Earth Day Fair)
- Friday, April 29 - ACRES Urban Agriculture, Berry Center - time TBD
- Saturday, April 30 - ACRES local food gathering, Laramie High School
For a complete listing of these events click here!
Conservation and Efficiency Revolving Fund - CALL FOR PROPOSALS AND IDEAS
The Conservation and Efficiency Revolving Fund (CERF) is a UW Campus Sustainability Committee initiative, successfully established in spring 2014 with $250,000 in seed capital provided by the UW Physical Plant. Revolving funds such as the CERF are innovative funding mechanisms for campus efficiency, conservation, and sustainability projects that demonstrate an excellent return on investment. Savings from these projects are “revolved” back into the CERF to continually fund similar projects.
Specifically, the CERF:
- Provides a formal platform for efficiency and conservation to serve as an investment in the university, rather than a net expense, ensuring beneficial and profitable projects do not go unfunded due to capital constraints;
- Demonstrates good stewardship of state resources by reducing operating expenses;
- Creates a living laboratory for student engagement, applied research, and curriculum-based learning;
- Improves the built environment;
- Reduces exposure to energy price fluctuations;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions per UW’s American College & University Presidents’ Climate Commitment obligations;
- Provides examples of innovative efficiency measures and processes for implementation throughout the state per the institution’s land grant mission.
We are looking for proposals that range from detailed project plans to promising ideas! The CERF is open to students, staff and faculty. Propose projects to improve sustainability on UW’s campus, while reducing our operating expenses. Up to $350,000 is now available for improvements to energy, water, and waste systems. Savings from your projects will be used to fund future project.
Proposals are due May 6, 2016
Submit completed applications electronically to Rachael Budowle, firstname.lastname@example.org.