Healthier Wyoming Insurance Premium Discount Program: A Letter From President Buchanan
Date: October 29, 2009
To: All UW Faculty and Staff
From: Thomas Buchanan, President
Re: Healthier Wyoming Insurance Premium Discount Program
Do you know you can save $480 next year through the State's Healthier Wyoming Insurance Premium Discount program? I want each of you to consider participating. Here's how:
A few simple steps for your health can also benefit your wallet!
To receive a $480 wellness insurance premium discount for plan year 2011 ($40 savings/month), the following three Healthier Wyoming requirements must be completed no later than September 30, 2010:
1. Complete a confidential health risk assessment online and receive $50 if 6 months have passed since you completed your online assessment from last year or if you complete the assessment for the first time this year.
2. Receive an annual wellness physical from your own personal licensed healthcare provider and complete the Wellness Insurance Premium Discount Form.
- Forms were delivered to eligible members' homes during the first part of October 2009. New forms may be requested anytime after the initial mailing in October through the Healthier Wyoming website (http://www.healthierwy.org/forms.shtml) or by calling 307-777-6716.
3. Register and complete at least three of the six offered bi-monthly challenges and adhere to guidelines.
- Healthy Lunch Club - October 2009
- Scrubadub - December 2009
- Test Your Rest - February 2010
- Be Ready - April 2010
- Read The Label - June 2010
- Healthy Dinner Club - August 2010
As an added incentive to join, any employee who registers for the bi-monthly challenges can enter into a drawing for that particular challenge. Six winners will be chosen (one per challenge). I will increase the payroll for the winning employees for one month by $100, subject to applicable taxes.
If you do not have Internet access or need help signing up for the program you can call Human Resources at 766-4220. Additionally, you can look for upcoming Healthier Wyoming computer workshops to help with the registration process.
I encourage you to take advantage of this great opportunity.