Information for New Graduate Students
After arriving on Campus Checklist
- Be sure Student Health has your immunization records.
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor
- Register for classes
- Make housing arrangements.
- Access your e-mail account.
- Attend Graduate School Orientation Session (contact Academic Affairs for more information).
- Attend Teaching Assistant Workshop (if applicable).
- Get your student ID card and parking permit
- Register your bicycle with campus police
- Be sure you've read the Graduate Bulletin
- Update your local address using WyoWeb
Additional Steps for International Students:
- Travel Tips for international students coming to the United States
- Pre-Departure Orientation for people in China admitted to a U.S. University
- Check in with the International Students and Scholars(ISS) office upon arrival.
- Attend the mandatory orientation hosted by ISS.
- Students with teaching responsibilities must complete the English Proficiency Assessment Program
- Chinese Students: For information regarding "Predeparture Orientation for Chinese Students" please visit http://www.china.nafsa.org/aboutus.htm.
Graduate Assistant Teaching and Learning Symposium & New Graduate Student Orientation
Click here for information on the Graduate Assistant Teaching and Learning Symposium and New Graduate Student Orientation.
Official University Hours:
During academic year - Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During summer months - Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
WyoWeb and UWYO Email are the official electronic means by which the university will communicate with campus constituents, including students, faculty and staff. It is expected that all campus constituents will anticipate receipt of business and official correspondence via these means and they will monitor their content on a regular basis. Use of non-UWYO email accounts is not supported or recommended for dissemination of official university communication for those having UWYO email accounts due to potential problems with security and reliability.