Click here for copy of our Annual Security Report.
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave. Dept. 3124
Laramie, WY 82071
The University of Wyoming Police Department is dedicated to providing quality law enforcement services to our community. Our mission is to protect life and property; preserve the peace; prevent crime; and enforce all laws, ordinances, and university regulations in a fair and impartial manner. We respect the rights of all people and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our community.
The University of Wyoming Police Department (UWPD) is the principal law enforcement agency serving the University of Wyoming. The UWPD operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is responsible for law enforcement, public safety, building security, and traffic control within the university. Nested within these traditional law enforcement functions are numerous non-enforcement activities, which include; fingerprinting*, VIN inspections*, lights-out surveys, money escorts, pick-up and storage of lost and found items, as well as other services that benefit the community.
*Fingerprints and VIN inspections are done Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm and 4:30 pm-5:30 pm and are subject to officer availability.
- The UWPD Responds to Sexual Assault Report
- The 2014 UWPD Found Property and Abandoned Bike Auction has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 10th at 4pm. Viewing will start at 3:30pm at the UWPD located at 15th and Flint.
- The 2014 Annual Abandoned Bike Round Up has been completed. If you think your bike was picked up by the UWPD and you would like to claim it, please contact us at 307-766-5179 with a complete description of your bike. Bikes can be picked up Monday - Friday between 3 and 4 pm at the PD located at 1426 E. Flint St. There is a $10 fee (covering impound and registration fee) and all bikes must be registered prior to releasing per city ordinance and University of Wyoming Regulations.
- Effective immediately, VIN Inspection are $10 for all patrons.
- If you did not receive our UW Alert earlier on 03/26/2014 and would like to, please visit our sign up page.
- Effective immediately, fingerprints are $5 per card for all patrons.
- Read about our Canine Department here.