For Login and Technical Issues
Phone IT Help Desk: 307-766-4357
For WyoCourses Issues
Canvas Help Desk: 855-778-9971
|Canvas Help Center: Follow "Help" from course shell|
|Submit request to WyoCourses|
|Email to Wyocourses@uwyo.edu|
Poll Everywhere Webinar Series
Every Tuesday Poll Everywhere be hosting a higher-ed specific webinar to help get faculty back into the swing of things. The first webinar will be on August 16th. If you’re interested, please register for a session here .
Topics covered will include:
- adding students
- fun ways to use Poll Everywhere in your class
WyoCourses and Instructional Technology Workshops
Now you have a shell and don't know much about advanced topics? Grading? Rubrics? Exams & Quizzes? Groups? Mobile Apps?
These workshops will help you use WyoCourses to its full capacity. Each one-hour session will give you hands on assistance using some of the advanced tools in WyoCourses. Please bring your laptop, power cord, and course materials, e.g., draft syllabi, course schedules, assignments, quizzes, etc.
Check the training calendar below for the schedule and locations.
UW Recorded Trainings
If you missed a previously scheduled WyoCourses training, we've created a recording for you to view at your convenience.
- General Canvas Overview video
- Assignments and Discussions video (Handout/Resources)
- Quizzes video
- Grade book video (Handout/Resources)
- Understanding Groups video
- WyoCourses Rapid Course Design Session
The Canvas Help Center offers on-demand access to the most comprehensive training resources on the Canvas system. The selections below from their video tutorials and instructor guides are a suggested starting point for learning the instructional features and capabilities of the flexible learning management system. Apply instruction to your upcoming course, or request a test course shell.
Remember, you can enlarge the video to full screen by clicking on the four-arrow icon, bottom right of video player window. Each video tutorial is about three minutes long, with the exception of the Canvas Instructor Training series, where each of the three videos is about an hour long,
In the instructor guides, note links to related pages.
Outcome Assessment LTI
90 Second Video Series
|Why I Love Canvas!||Canvas Quickstart Guide|
|Cool Things Canvas Can Do||Canvas Help Center|
|Canvas Help Resources||Canvas Guides|
|Canvas Community||Canvas Community|
|Video Tutorials||Instructor Guides|
|Canvas Navigation Guide|
|Change Your Settings|
|Canvas Interface Overview||Understanding and Setting Notification Preferences|
|Personal Settings and Profile Picture||Customizing the Course Home Page|
|Notification Preferences||Customizing Course Navigation|
|Course Layout Customization|
Understanding Course Tools
- TOUCH - open hours consultations with the WyoCourses instructional support team
- Training sessions can be arranged for departments or small groups. Contact the instructional support team to schedule.
- Training sessions from fall 2013
- Canvas Instructor Training by Canvas trainers
- Demo from 10/28/13 (Advance to start at 16 minutes)
- And always, the Canvas Help Center is available through the Help button in your course, top right of browser window.