- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
Each program has its own admission requirements, application processes, and deadlines. You MUST connect directly with your graduate program of study to inquire about their specific requirements and processes.
1. Online Application (a non-refundable application fee of U.S. $50.00 is required)
2. Provide Certified and Attested Copy of Transcripts
UW must receive official transcripts (mark sheets, transcripts, exam results, diploma, etc.) for admissions. These documents must be original or certified true copies that are either sent directly from the school(s) in a sealed envelope or from a transcript evaluation agency such as World Education Services (WES) or any other evaluation agency listed as a member on the NACES website. All records should be submitted in the native language and accompanied with an official English translation.
3. Provide Official Proof of English Proficiency
The University of Wyoming accepts a variety of English proficiency exams. While the most popular are TOEFL (540 or 76 minimum for iBT), IELTS (6.5 minimum), Duolingo (110), and Cambridge English B2 First, C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency (176 minimum), other accepted exams and ways to satisfy the English Proficiency requirements are available here. Please note that some programs/departments may require higher scores than what is required by the Admissions Office.
4. Provide Proof of Financial Support
Official bank statement
UW's Confidential Financial Statement and Affidavit of Support. All financial documents can be scanned and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that the programs below have different cost structures and require a program-specific Confidential Financial Statement and Affidavit of Support:
5. Copy of Passport (Passport copy can be submitted via a scanned e-mail to email@example.com)
6. If you are currently studying at a U.S. Institution, please provide your school’s immigration coordinator with the following details for transfer:
UW’s School Name: University of Wyoming
UW’s Campus Code: DEN214F00241000
If your school’s immigration coordinator has any questions or concerns regarding your transfer, they may contact us at 307-766-5193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Students Coming with Family
Please fill out the Family Information Form