- Ph.D. University of Tennessee, 2003
- M.S. University of Tennessee, 1998
- B.S. Chapman University, 1993
- Assistant Lecturer, Computer Science, University of Wyoming, 2008-Present
- Research Assistant, Post Doc., Oak Ridge National Lab, 2007-2008
- Assistant Professor & Carson-Newman College, 2001-2005
- Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1995-2001
- Chief Petty Officer (Aviation Electronics Technician), US Navy, 1975-1995
Computer Science education, compiler construction, wide-area data access and distributed
- K. Buckner, "A non-traditional approach to an assembly language course", Journal of
Computing Sciences in Colleges, vol. 22 issue 1, pp 179-186, October 2006.
- K. Buckner, "Application Level Fault-Tolerance for ScaLAPACK in the NetSolve Environment",
Technical Report UT-CS-98-409, 24 Nov 98.
- K. Buckner, "Timings and Memory Usage for the NAS Parallel Benchmarks on a Network
of Sun Ultra Workstations", Technical Report UT-CS-98-408, 19 Nov 98.