Job Search Resources
There are several resources available to begin your job search.
- All job postings through the Career Services and Professional Development Office can
be found by logging into your UW POKES Account.
- A comprehensive listing of various online legal job posting boards can be found here: http://www.hb.org/legal-job-sites/
- A List of External Legal Job Banks can also be found under subscriptions on your Career Connections Profile.
Find a comprehensive list of resources to search through both by region and by interest
area below. You can also find various handouts, guides, and tips on our Professional
Development Page. This also includes: sample email language, how to prepare for an
interview, and more!
General Information & Directory Listings
Prepare for your internship, externship, or post-graduate career with help from these
prescreened websites that offer job postings and attorney directories.
- ABA Career Counsel This site includes centralized access to ABA career information and tips on finding
jobs and enhancing careers.
- America CareerLink.com Search legal positions nationwide.
- American Health Law Association This site includes information and updates for those interested in health law. The
site also includes a searchable national job bank of health law positions.
- BenefitsLink This site contains information and tools for employee benefits professionals and
lists employee benefits jobs.
- Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter Click on the most current issue and go to the last page, "Classified Ads," to find
recent job postings for attorneys in Boulder, Colorado.
- Colorado Bar Association Click on the "Employment" link to find recent job postings for recent graduates and
- Denver Bar Association Click on "DILP Job Announcements" to find recent job postings for recent graduates
- Emplawyernet Offers a database of jobs for lawyers and law students. When you join, (free of charge)
customized job information is automatically delivered to you via private e-mail and
hundreds of employers will have access to your profile. You'll also get EmplawyerNet's
Career Library, networking tools, and job hunting links.
- Equal Justice Works This is the homepage for Equal Justice Works (formerly NAPIL). This site provides
a great deal of information on public interest careers, upcoming events (including
Equal Justice Work's annual job fair in October), jobs and opportunities and Equal
Justice Work's fellowship program.
- FindLaw Career Center This site compiles information and resources for the legal industry, search for jobs,
specific employers, salary statistics and more.
- Glassdoor On this website, you can search by job or company and find openings anywhere in the
world. They also have a lot of information on salaries and interview feedback from
people who previously interviewed for the position you may be looking at.
- HG.org This site is a complete Law Research Center. It includes career related information,
including job-searching strategies, along with updates in the legal profession. The
site has links to bar associations, law firms, corporations and many other sites of
- JURIST Pitt School of Law Professor Bernard Hibbitts' renowned web site.
- Lawyers.com Visitors can search a database of lawyers and law firms and review a wealth of information
to help them better understand the law, the legal process and their rights. They can
research legal issues, find details on lawyers, or compare the credentials of a list
- The Legal Employment Search Site
- Legal Incubator Programs These programs are sponsored by law schools in an effort to provide practical, real
world experience and training for an additional year before launching your career
on the traditional law market.
- Martindale Hubbell Allows you to find a lawyer by name and to search by location/area of practice, by
firm, or for lawyers in corporations, agencies of the US government, or law school
faculty. The network includes over a million lawyers and law firms in 160 countries.
- Martindale Hubbell Legal Careers Includes job hunting resources for lawyers and legal professionals.
- Lexis Career Searching Lexis has created a consolidated site for searching for firms, UW alumni, and other
employment information. You must log on and select "Wyoming Career Resources" as a
course from the course catalog and enroll.
- NALP Directory of Legal Employers
- National Center for State Courts This site provides links to State Court websites, as well as limited employment information
and links to federal and international courts.
- Palidan Internet Resources for Attorneys This site contains over 500 links to free legal employment sites. Includes a directory
of legal recruiters, a directory of legal newspapers and bar associations that list
job openings, a directory of government positions, and more. Allows you to search
- Resume Baking This site specializes in building your own resume and you can see samples as well.
- West Group's Career This is the site for West Group's Career information. Includes job searching, career
advice and information on employers. West Group's Home Page includes a link to jobs available nationwide at West Group.
- Vault This site has a great deal of information about jobs in all industries and includes
a special section on the Legal Industry. You can search for specific information about
employers, view Law School message boards that give you inside information about employers,
search for jobs and much more. You can also subscribe free of charge to get weekly
email updates on the legal industry and job searching.
Back to Top
- Feds Hire Vets The one-stop resource for Federal veteran employment information. This site includes
information on veterans' preference and unique veteran appoint authorities designed
to help veterans find a job.
- OSCAR The Online System for Clerkship Application and Review (OSCAR) is an online resource
for searching available federal clerkship opportunities.
- Pathways Search internship and recent graduate opportunities through the Pathways Programs.
- US Attorney's Office: District of Wyoming Employment information for entry-level and experienced attorney as well as information
on the Summer Law Intern Program.
- US Department of Justice Valuable information regarding the DOJ Pathways Programs for students and recent
graduates, the Attorney General's Honors Program for graduating students and Summer
Law Intern Program, and the Workforce Recruitment Program for students and graduates
- US Office of Personnel Management Additional information about the Internship Program, Recent Graduates Program, and
Presidential Management Fellows Program.
- US Department of State General information and requirements for becoming a Foreign Service Officer.
- US Department of Justice Volunteer Legal Intern Volunteer Summer Legal Intern positions with the Dept of Justice provide excellent
opportunities for 1L students.
- USAJOBS Official job site of the United States Federal Government.
Back to Top
- Governor's Internship and Experiential Learning Program The program includes placements with the Office of Legal Counsel, the Office of
Legislative Affairs, the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, and the Office of Policy
and Research. Download the Internship Program Handbook for specific information.
- Office of Attorney General The Colorado Department of Law offers attorney, fellow, or intern positions in the
Office of the Attorney General.
- Office of Legislative Services Employment opportunities as a staff attorney or legislative editor as well as information
on the internship program.
- Judicial Branch Search internship, volunteer, post-graduate career and judge opportunities.
- Public Defender Statewide agency employing attorneys, appellate attorneys, certified legal interns,
appellate interns, volunteer interns, and investigators.
- Attorney General Employment opportunities with the Utah Office of Attorney General.
- State Courts Employment, clerkship, and judicial opportunities with the Utah State Courts.
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top
International Law Resources
Back to Top
Natural Resources and Environment Law
- ECOJOBS Environmental career opportunities job bank.
- Conservation Legacy Conservation Legacy is a purposeful and strategic organization that operates a national
cadre of corps and service programs.
- Department of Interior, Office of the Solicitor This employment site describes work in the Department of Interior and jobs available.
Also, visit the job search button on the left of this page to see the Government Honors
Attorney and Internship Handbook for more government links.
- U.S. Government Directory site One database that indexes government agencies, departments, and lots of useful information
- the official U.S. Gov. index site
- UW School of Natural Resources Careers This site is affiliated with College of Natural Resources and frequently posts positions
related to the energy industry.
Back to Top
- Equal Justice Works (formerly NAPIL) Equal Justice Works leads the country in organizing, training and supporting public
service-minded law students, and in creating summer and postgraduate public interest
jobs. We are members.
- PSJD -- a NALP initiative Information on fellowships. Not a member school but can use their resources for fellowships.
- Public Service Jobs Search for fellowships, summer jobs, and temporary and permanent positions.
- State Public Interest Research Groups (PIRG) The state Public Interest Research Groups are an alliance of state-based, citizen-funded
organizations that advocate for the public interest. The state PIRGs' mission is to
deliver persistent, result-oriented activism that protects the environment, encourages
a fair marketplace for consumers and fosters responsive, democratic government.
- Hill Zoo Search employment and internship opportunities, housing, and general information
about Capitol Hill.
Back to Top
- Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation Each year the Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation (www.fcba.org) awards
stipends to students (usually $2500). Usually applications are due in MARCH. Visit
their site for application and information.
- PSJD Fellowships Information and application for post-graduate fellowships.
Back to Top
- David L. Boren Graduate Fellowships, National Security Education Program (NSEP) Provide up to $30,000 to U.S. graduate students to add an important international
and language component to their graduate education through specialization in area
study, language study, or increased language proficiency.
- Golden Key National Honor Society Scholarships Offers education-based scholarships tand awards for service and leadership achievements.
- Graduate Women International Offers a limited number of international fellowships and grants to women graduates
for postgraduate research, study and training.
- Short Term Foreign Policy Research Travel Grants for Law Graduates Grants to support in-depth, primary source research in Eastern Europe and Eurasia.
Back to Top
General Job Boards
General Compliance Job Boards
• Compliance Jobs (largest compliance job board in world)
• Compliance Crossing
• National Society of Compliance Professionals
• Ethics and Compliance Officer Association
Corporate, Financial, Banking Compliance Job Boards
• Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
Healthcare Compliance Job Boards
• Health Care Compliance Association
• The American College of Healthcare Executives
• Health Care Job Store
• Healthcare Financial Management Association
• Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (sisma)
• United States Department of Health and Human Services
Higher Education Employment
• University of Wyoming
• Northwest Community College
• Laramie County Community College
• University of Colorado
• Denver University
Human Resources Job Boards
• The Society for Human Resource Management
• Human Resources Jobs.com
• HR Crossing
• International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAAP): Contains valuable resources for privacy professionals, and is not a job bank.
To search for jobs, search on Indeed or Career Builder.
Back to Top