University Vehicle Regulation Requires Annual Motor Vehicle Records Check

November 12, 2012

Individuals who know they will drive on University of Wyoming business during 2013 need to make a new request by Dec. 1, 2012.

Motor vehicle records must be checked annually. This applies to all driving, whether doing so in a personal, rental or UW vehicle.

For individuals currently authorized to drive, or who requested authorization prior to Oct. 31, your current authorization or request to drive will expire Dec. 31, 2012.

UW’s Vehicle Regulation and Policy requires UW’s Risk Management and Insurance office to check motor vehicle records for all employees, students and volunteers before they will be allowed to drive for university business. Risk Management will process requests before the end of the year and new authorizations will be valid through Dec. 31, 2013.

The link to make the electronic request can be found here. Once individuals have submitted a request, they also may use this link to check their driving status.

For more information, call (307) 766-5767 or email

Find us on Instagram (Link opens a new window)Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)Find us on LinkedIn (Link opens a new window)Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)