Looking for information on the faculty or administrative search processes? Please visit our Hiring Information page.
Faculty and Admin Searches
Bureau of Mines, Room 318
1000 E University Ave, Dept 4307
Laramie, WY 82071
Our Mission: To foster diversity and fairness within the University Community
Diversity and Employment Practices has developed this website to provide information about the role and services we provide to the University of Wyoming community.
The University of Wyoming aims to be a leader among higher education institutions in the Rocky Mountain region in designing and implementing diversity initiatives. Our ultimate goal is to engage in strategic activities as we progress toward creating a campus environment that appeals to individuals from varied backgrounds and beliefs. We are not interested in simply achieving political correctness. We welcome diversity because we know that it dynamically enriches our collective scholarly productivity and creativity. The University of Wyoming therefore accepts, encourages, and actively solicits new ideas and strategic approaches to achieving diversity.
The University seeks to embody in the minds of its administrators, faculty, staff, students, and visitors a warm and open human spirit. We also look forward to establishing a more visible partnership with the greater Wyoming community in order to complement the State's appreciation for and celebration of individualism, a phenomenon that is critical to a community's efforts in achieving diversity. The University also continues to endorse an environment free of discrimination because we know that this can only further enhance our success with attracting diverse approaches to teaching and learning. We believe that we can secure a climate of acceptance and mutual respect for different opinions, cultures, experiences, and perspectives and we are committed to evaluating, endorsing, and supporting viable diversity initiatives.
The Employment Practices unit partners with academic and administrative units to:
- Explore and propose additional diversity-related approaches to increase diversity in applicant pools
- Develop and administer specialized training in faculty and administrative job search protocols and facilitate compliance with the University's commitment to diversity
- Develop and administer the University's equal employment opportunity program
- Review, coordinate, and periodically provide progress reports addressing individual and institutional-wide diversity initiatives
- Provide advice and insights on other diversity-related matters
Equal Opportunity Report and Response
The Equal Opportunity Report and Response unit:
- Conducts reviews and investigations of Civil Rights complaints
- Develops and administers employee training programs to address matters of diversity, sexual harassment prevention, and other forms of illegal discrimination
- Cultural Competency
- Compliance with state and federal requirements