Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
aerial uwyo

Frequently Asked Questions

Make sure you have contacted your academic advisor or an advisor from ACES. Once you have been advised, you will need to fill out the Change of Major Form which can be found here.

Online Enrollment Verifications, including pre-registration are available through the National Student Clearinghouse via WyoWeb.  UW reports to the National Student Clearinghouse after the drop / add period in a semester so information is not updated in the NSC until UW reports. To request your enrollment verification through the NSC, go to WyoWeb and log in via the Students link under WyoRecords. Click on the Student Records tab, and then click on Request Enrollment Verification. You will be redirected to the National Student Clearinghouse web page. Follow the steps to generate a printable certificate.

To request a verification of enrollment before the NSC is updated, via fax or mail, please fill out the Enrollment Verification Form completely before faxing or mailing it to our office. Verifications are generally mailed within one week of receiving the request at no charge. 

J -Term Courses run in the time period between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of the spring semester.  J-Term Courses provide an opportunity for students to earn additional credits in a compressed time period.  J-Term course offerings will count towards a student's Spring 2022 course load and display on transcripts as Spring 2022 coursework. 

J-Term I begins December 20, 2021 and ends January 14, 2022 

J-Term II begins January 4, 2022 and ends January 28, 2022 

Students interested in viewing and enrolling in J-Term courses should utilize the Advanced Search function when browsing Spring 2022 courses: 

- In the Parts of Term category select "J term 1 (Winter Break)" or "J term 2 (Winter Break)

- Hit Search and the scheduled J-Term offerings will display 


Students can enroll in J-Term courses at the same time they register or when they are eligible to register for Spring 2022 courses and should plan accordingly. 

When your child was in elementary and high school, the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gave you and your child rights to access and control your child’s educational records. Now that your child is in college, FERPA transfers ownership of the records directly to your son or daughter.

According to FERPA, college students (regardless of their age) are considered responsible adults and are allowed to determine who will receive information about them. While parents understandably have an interest in a student’s academic progress, they are not automatically granted access to a student’s records without written consent of the student. Information regarding education records is best obtained by direct communication between the parent and the student. If desired, students may create an authorized user account for family members (or anyone else) that they would like to give access to their billing information. This is a convenient way for additional users to go online, through their own secure login to view and/or pay a student's tuition and fees. Visit the Cashier's Office Authorized User Setup to learn more at:   Once the account is set up, Authorized Users may login at:

Your child may give permission for a third party to access his/her records by filing a One-Time Authorization to Release Educational Record Information (PDF).

If the parent has provided to the Registrar’s Office evidence that they declare the student as a dependent on their most recent Federal Income Tax form (Form 1040), then access to education records may be allowed.

In addition, parent(s) may be notified if a student under 21 years of age is found responsible for a violation involving use or possession of alcohol and drugs. FERPA regulations allow, but do not require, higher education institutions to provide notice to parents when a student violates federal, state, or local laws related to alcohol or drugs.

Wyoweb is an online portatal where you can register for classes, check your schedule, pay your tuition, request transcripts, and more!
Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon