Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Chemical Orders

UW Safety Office

The Centralized Chemical Purchasing Program offers chemical ordering, comparison shopping, price negotiation, receipt inspection, and delivery service to any location on the extended campus. All permitted radioactive materials on campus are purchased through this program. We also sell ethanol for lab use in 5-gallon carboys and 55 gallon drums of 95% and pints, cases of pints and 5-gallon carboys of 100% ethanol.

Chemical purchasing is no longer available through the RMMC.  The University is currently working with Huron consulting to determine how chemical purchasing will be done on campus in the future using the new technology available through WyoCloud and using a strategic sourcing contract or contracts.  The goal is to have that new process determined for implementation this summer. Until then, you may place orders directly with vendors using a University p-card or you may order chemicals through the chemical stockroom (  If you have a large or specialty order that requires obtaining competitive quotes you may contact Trinidad Padilla in Procurement Service (  

Radioactive materials must be purchased through Jim Herrold, UW's Radiation Safety Officer (766-2638,  Ethanol requiring a tax stamp may be purchased through the chemical stockroom.

Chemical Ordering Procedures

Chemical Ordering Links

Contact Us

UW Safety Office

Hill Hall 654

1000 E. University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-3277

Fax: (307) 766-4040


RMMC Building

Phone: (307) 766-3696

Fax: (307) 766-3699

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon