Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Non-Degree Students

Graduate Application Process

The non-degree graduate admission status is a special status that is not available to international students or students who have a suspension status at UW or any other college or university.

Non-degree students CANNOT receive financial aid or UW scholarships.

Step 1: Apply for Admission and pay application fee
Prospective graduate students may elect to enroll in UW graduate courses as a "non-degree" student. Under this admission status, graduate students may only apply 12 credit hours taken as "non-degree" toward a graduate degree pending approval by the student's graduate committee (assigned after student is admitted in to a graduate program). Graduate students applying as non-degree are encouraged to discuss courses with their anticipated graduate program to avoid problems if/when they are formally admitted to that program.

Step 2: Provide Proof of Bachelor's Degree
Send official transcripts to:

UW Admissions Office
1000 E. University Avenue, Dept. 3435
Laramie, WY 82071

Step 3: Complete your Next Step to Register for Class

Complete your next steps. Advising is not required to register, however, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you discuss courses with your anticipated graduate program in advance. Not all coursework will be applied toward a graduate degree.

If you have any questions about whether or not applying as a non-degree student is right for you, please contact the UW Admissions Office.

Contact Us

Office of Admissions

1000 E. University Avenue, Department 3435

Laramie, WY, WY 82071

Phone: Phone: (307) 7

Toll Free: Toll-Free: (80


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon