Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Certification Process & WY State Endorsement


Process to Obtain University Certificate

To receive your Certificate in Teachers of American Indian Children from the University, you must:

1. Apply for the Teachers of American Indian Children Certification through University of Wyoming admissions.
2. Complete required coursework.
3. Complete the Anticipated Graduation Form the semester all course work is completed and submit to the Office of the Registrar.
4. Pay the certificate fee through the University.


Process to Obtain State Endorsement on a Teaching License

The process for obtaining the University Certificate is separate from obtaining the Wyoming State Endorsement.

State Endorsement Process

The required coursework to earn a certificate in Teachers of American Indian Children from the University also fulfills state requirements to add this endorsement to a State of Wyoming Teaching License. The process must be completed separately through the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board (Wyoming PTSB).

Main PTSB site 

If you are already licensed in Wyoming

Teachers earning the TAIC certificate who wish to add the endorsement to their license will need to work directly with the Wyoming PTSB.

Contact Us

Dr. Caskey Russell


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon