Visit: Health Sciences 351
Mail: Dept. 3065
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4312
Fax: (307) 766-4294
The following scholarships are for those students who have already been admitted to the Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing. To apply for these scholarships, please go to the "UW Offered Scholarships" link in the scholarship section of the UW Student Financial Aid website (www.uwyo.edu/sfa/scholarships).
There are six nursing scholarships that require you to submit an essay (noted below**); those applications open on November 16, 2015 and close on April 1, 2016. The remaining scholarships are based on merit, specific student populations or financial need, and you will automatically be considered if you meet the criteria. We encourage you to take some time to review all scholarship opportunities and apply to those scholarships for which you are eligible.
Nursing Alumni Scholarship
Rudolph "Rudy" & Louise Anselmi & Jeri Kirk Family Trust for Nursing Scholarship**
Polly Chase Scholarship
Marcia L. and William G. Dale Nursing Scholarship
Rosalie Fields Nursing Scholarship
Frances E. Gasdek-Eaglehouse & Barry D. Gasdek Scholarship**
Frank & Dorothy M. Gruden Scholarship in Nursing
Mildred Agnes Kimball and Adele Colling Nursing Scholarship
The Larsen Family Scholarship
John V. Leino Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Gertrude Gould Lindsay Scholarship
John and Lois Malmquist Nursing Scholarship
Susan K. McMurry Strategic Partnership for the Advancement of Nursing in Wyoming Scholarships
Carolyn Bennett Miknis '59 Nursing Scholarship**
Gordon S. and Charlott Myers Scholarship for Nursing Students
Bonnie M. and George E. Nugent Nursing Scholarship**
Pearl Crossley O'Kieffe Memorial Scholarship
Jana Leigh Pruitt Memorial Scholarship
Charles and Ruth Rile Scholarship for Nursing Students
Paul Stock CHS Scholarship
Dorothy Tupper Nursing Scholarship
Clayton Unger Nursing Scholarship**
Wiest Nursing Scholarship**
W. K. Wolf, MD, Memorial Scholarship
- Application and deadlines will be announced by email spring semester
- Contact BRAND@uwyo.edu for more information.
- W.S. 21-17-127 - Funded by the Wyoming Legislature
- Up to five loans of $25,000 for each year
- Distributed through Financial Aid by semester
- Must meet Wyoming residence status as granted by UW Admissions
- Must have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must sign a loan agreement
- Must attend meeting in person or by phone to review contract with UW official
- Must be accepted into the accelerated nursing program
- Must repay by working as a registered nurse in Wyoming for two years or by paying back the loan amount with interest
Application available from the Wyoming Community Foundation (http://www.wycf.org).
The application is lengthy, needs a current transcript attached. The WCF awards six scholarships at $5,000 each. If you received this scholarship as a junior, you need to reapply, since it does not automatically carry into the senior year.
Eligibility Criteria for Mabel C. Sargent Scholarship:
- Junior and senior nursing students of the University of Wyoming enrolled in a program leading to a B.S.N. degree.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Contact Sara Muhsman at firstname.lastname@example.org
For eligibility requirements and additional information please check with the Wyoming Community College Commission at the links below, choosing the appropriate link for your student status:
For graduate students, go to: http://communitycolleges.wy.edu/graduate-student-info.aspx
For undergraduate students, go to: http://communitycolleges.wy.edu/undergraduate-student-info.aspx