Half Acre Gym
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-3370
Fax: (307) 766-6720
The history of the University of Wyoming Club Sports Council began with the formation of the Club Sports Program in 1981. The clubs were originally formed by the Associated Students of the University of Wyoming (ASUW) from within the body of student organizations recognized by the Campus Activities Board (CAB). The program remained with ASUW until the end of the 1986-87 academic year when the program had grown to a point that the management of the program was beyond the scope and expertise available to ASUW. Beginning with the 1987-88 academic year, ASUW agreed to continue partial funding of the program and contracted the School of Physical and Health Education to administer it within the Intramural-Recreational Sports Office. In the fall of 1987, the Club Sports Council (CSC) was formed with four original member teams and two ex-officio administrative members (the Club Sports Coordinator and the Director of Intramural/Recreational Sports). In 1998, Club Sports again moved to the Department of Student Affairs in anticipation of the renovated Recreation and Wellness Center located in Half Acre Gym. In 2000, Recreation and Wellness became Campus Recreation; the department that currently houses club sports.
The following statements define sports club and its philosophy:
Club Sports are offered to students. faculty, and staff who meet the eligibility requirements under the rules of each individual club's governing body. Individual clubs require a participation fee that aids in covering the cost of travel, lodging, equipment, awards, and other necessary expenses. Club fees vary depending on the nature of the club. In addition, all club participants are required to fill out a participation waiver before participating in any club activity.