University of Wyoming Student Health Service
HEALTH INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Wyoming. We look forward to meeting you on your first weekday on campus. The goal at the Student Health Service is to serve you and to make it as easy as possible for you to register for your classes for your first term. To help us help you, please refer to the information below and follow the university’s rules and regulations in a timely fashion so that you can register for your courses.
NOTE: All health information you present to Student Health Service must be in English.
NOTE: All international students must comply with the following health requirements:
- MMR IMMUNIZATION
- Complete the Student Immunization Form (requires a PDF Reader).
- Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella can be presented in any one of three ways:
NOTE: Exemptions to this requirement will be considered if there is a medical or religious reason for it. (Information regarding exemptions is listed on the Form.)
- Proof of two doses of the MMR immunization, given after 12 months of age with the second dose at least 4 weeks after the first dose; or
- Results of blood tests showing immunity to all three illnesses; or
- Your birth falling on a date prior to 1 January 1957.
- Additional immunization recommendations are listed on the Form, but they are not required.
- A medical clinician must sign the first side of the Form, or an immunization record can be appended to the Form.
- TUBERCULOSIS TESTING
- As per UW Regulation 8-242 all international students, on arrival to the University of Wyoming, must present at the Student Health Service to be evaluated for tuberculosis.
- A blood test for tuberculosis will be done at the Student Health Service for all students who need testing. There is a $6.00 charge (costs are subject to change) for the blood test.
- The blood test is not affected by prior receipt of the BCG vaccine against tuberculosis.
- If the blood test is positive, a chest x-ray is required, as well as a visit with a Student Health Service physician to discuss if treatment is appropriate.
- The cost of the chest x-ray is the responsibility of the student.
- A tuberculosis skin test is not necessary.
- INABILITY TO COMPLY
- If you are unable to comply with these requirements prior to your arrival at the University of Wyoming, the Student Health Service will assist you with immunization and testing. You must come to the Student Health Service as soon as you arrive to campus to fulfill these requirements.
As of September 2016, the costs to you for immunization and testing at the Student Health Service are as follows (costs are subject to change):
- MMR: $70.50 per shot (two shots are required if there is no evidence of previous immunizations);
- TB blood test: $6.00.
- TB medications: no cost.
REMEMBER: YOU MUST COME TO THE STUDENT HEALTH SERVICE WITH YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION PRIOR TO REGISTRATION FOR CLASSES
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (307) 766-2130.
The Student Health Service looks forward to assisting you with your medical needs while you are a student at the University.