The University of Wyoming offers classes in over 180 different fields. Please use the University Catalog and Course Descriptions for information about class offerings.
Class listings for specific terms are found in our Class Schedules.
UW offers five different class levels - 1000 to 5000:
- 1000 and 2000 level courses are considered lower levels
- 3000 and 4000 courses are upper division levels (4000-level courses are also open to graduate students)
- 4000 and 5000 level courses are recommended to graduate students
- Class availability varies by semester. Not all classes listed in the Catalog are offered every semester. Please refer to the class schedule for available classes
- 2000 level and higher classes may have prerequisites
- Exchange Students are limited to 15 credit hours per semester
- Study Abroad and Exchange Students are limited to enrollment in only 1 MBAM class
- Enrollment in LAW classes is strictly limited. Permission must be granted by the College of Law, and if given, enrollment is limited to 1 class
Online and other classes that are administered through the Outreach School are not included in the exchange agreement and students will be responsible for paying tuition for these classes. They can be identified by their section number. For example, in ENGL 1010-40, the section number is 40. Any section number 40-89 is a class offered through the Outreach School and is not included in the exchange agreement.