Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Student Travel Insurance

Study Abroad

UW requires all students going abroad on UW sanctioned programs to have student travel insurance, or to show proof of insurance through one of the authorized program providers.  This insurance coverage is mandatory and will not be waived.

As of Fall 2014 UW Student Travel Insurance is provided by AIG. 

The Affordable Care Act requires all U.S. citizens to have health insurance coverage unless they will reside outside of the United States for more than 330 days.

Students traveling on a UW study abroad program will automatically be enrolled in student travel insurance.  The cost for the insurance will be billed directly to the student’s WyoWeb account.

Print Foreign Travel Insurance Card and Information

Group Name:  University of Wyoming
Policy #: GLB 0009139873
Toll-free number from the U.S.: (877)832-3523
International Collect call: +1 (715)295-9817

The cost of insurance is as follows:

Program Length Price
Short-term programs of 2 weeks or less $25.00
Short-term programs of more than 2 weeks $50.00/month
One Semester $150.00
One Academic Year $300.00







Questions regarding student travel insurance can be directed to the Office of Risk Management, (307)766-5767 or

In case of an emergency medical condition, contact emergency care providers in that country immediately.  If non-emergency medical assistance is needed, you can either get a local referral or call AIG collect at +1 (817)295-9817.  You must call AIG to open a file for the claim.

Payment should be made to the care provider at the time of service, with reimbursement requested upon return.  In order to request reimbursement, you must submit a claim form, receipts for all payments, including prescription medications, and a full medical report (including diagnosis, treatment recommendations, care provided, and how the injury was sustained - if applicable.)  There is a $100 deductible.

Upon return, the student's personal medical insurance will be responsible for further and follow-up care.

See the Foreign Travel Insurance Card and Information Sheet for additional information on services provided by AIG.

Faculty, Staff and Registered Graduate Students

International Travel Insurance is available to registered graduate students, faculty, and staff while participating in short term educational trips sponsored by the University of Wyoming that are traveling internationally. Please complete the Foreign Travel Notification form as early as possible prior to travel.

Share This Page:

Contact Us

Study Abroad

Cheney International Center

Dept. 3707, 1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307)766-3677


Social Media
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon