Do you walk into a room and know exactly what colors and what furniture would look
good in the space? Do you know what paint color or wallpaper would brighten the room?
How do you create a feeling of coziness in a family room? Being an interior designer
is all about making a house a home. But what about just starting in your room? Can
you select colors, textures and accessories that will show off your personal style
and enable you to take care of your room? If you know the basics, you can advance
to wood finishing, principles of design, furnishing purchase decisions or using software
to create your ideal house.
Here's What You Can Learn . . . .
- Learn more about design elements including color, texture, shape, form, line and space
- Learn design principles such as rhythm, balance, emphasis, unity and proportion
- Create your own design accessories
- Work with different design tools and materials
- Make plans that include comfort and safety
- Develop organizational skills