Have you ever seen an outfit and wanted it in a different color or style that wasn’t
available in the store? Or have you tried on an outfit and needed it hemmed to fit
just right? In Fabric and Fashion, you can learn basics like sewing a shirt or putting
a zipper on a pair of pants. The advanced units will also teach you how to take the
design of your choice and customize it for the perfect look, color and fit.
Here's What You Can Learn . . . .
- Recognize basic sewing machine parts and how to use them
- Identify fabrics and understand which to use for the type of project you are making
- Sew appropriate seams, straight stitching, and a simple machine hem.
- Create a casing for elastic or a draw string
- Learn how to read and select a pattern
- Understand different types of fasteners and how to use them