Student at graduation with Academic Affairs logo

Clock Stop Form




Tenure-track faculty members and extended- or fixed-term-track academic employees normally have a probationary period between the time they start working at UW and the tenure, extended-term or fixed-term decision. Normally, the job offer letter defines this period. In exceptional cases, it is possible to increase the length of the probationary period from that specified in the offer letter, via a clock stop. There are two acceptable reasons for stopping the clock: (1) childbirth or adoption, or (2) other factors beyond the employee’s control that significantly detract from the employee’s academic record. 

To request an extension, faculty are advised to follow the procedure outlined in Stopping the Tenure or Fixed-Term Clock policy ( 
First name for the person requesting the clock stop
Last name for the person requesting the clock stop
please enter in your full University of Wyoming e-mail address.
Do NOT include the words "Department of" or "School of". Please spell out Academic Unit name, do not abbreviate.
Enter their last name, then a comma, then their first name
Please fill in your academic unit
Have you discussed this with your Department/Division Head?*
Have you discussed this with your Dean/Director?*
Please paste a copy of the Upload Department/Division Head email or memo.