Sidebar Site Navigation
Civil & Architectural Engineering
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Jennifer Eisenhauer Tanner
Associate Professor of Civil and Architectural Engineering
Engineering Building, Room 3034
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Civil & Architectural Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Office Phone: 307.766.2073
- B.A. Mathematics Eastern College 1994
- B.S. Civil Engineering Oklahoma State University 1995
- M.S. Structural Engineering University of Costa Rica, San Jose, Costa Rica 1998
- Ph.D. Structural Engineering The University of Texas at Austin 2003
- Masonry Design
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Analysis I
- Earthquake Engineering
Research Grants and Projects:
- Bridge Deck Evaluation using Non-Destructive Testing Methods - WYDOT - PI Jennifer Tanner
- Evaluating the Risk of Alkali-Silica Reaction in Wyoming through and Inter-laboratory Investigation of Multiple ASR Evaluation Methods - WYDOT - PI Jennifer Tanner.
- Development of Masonry Laboratory Experiments and Non-Destructive Testing Methods - RMMI, NCMA and PCA - PI Jennifer Tanner.
- Design Guidelines for Durability of Bonded CFRP Repair/Strengthening of Concrete Beams - NCHRP - PI's Charles Dolan, H.R. Hamilton III (University of Florida), Co-PI's - David Mukai, Jennifer Tanner
- Shear Strength of Sandwich Panels using C-Grid as Shear Transfer Reinforcement - AltusGROUP (Consortium of pre-cast producers) - PI Jennifer Tanner, Co-PI Charles Dolan
- Standardized Physical Property Testing for SCC Segregation, Strength Variation with Depth/Time-Dependent Properties - PCI, Jenny Fellowship - PI David Mukai, Co-PI Jennifer Tanner
Refereed Journal Publications:
- Deng J., Tanner J.E., Dolan C.W. “Durability Performance of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Repair/Strengthening Concrete Beams” ACI Materials Journal, (in press).
- Adams A.P., Jones A., Beauchemin S., Johnson R., Fournier B., Shehata M., Tanner J.E., Ideker J.H. “Applicability of the Accelerated Mortar Bar Test for Alkali-Silica Reactivity of Recycled Concrete Aggregates”, Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, V.2, No.1, pp. 78-96, 2013.
- Fertig R., Tanner J.E., “Evaluation of ASR Potential in Wyoming Aggregates Using Multiple Accelerated Tests” 14th International Conference of Alkali Aggregate Reaction, 2012, Austin, Texas.
- Astroza M., Moroni O., Brev S., Tanner J.E. "Seismic Performance of Engineered Masonry Buildings in the 2010 Maule Earthquake" EERI Spectra, V.28, S.1, pp. 385-406, 2012.
- Tanner J.E., Carboni A., “Performance of Masonry Buildings in the 2010 Chile (Maule) Earthquake,” Proceedings, 11th North American Masonry Conference, 2011, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Tanner J.E., Varela J.L., and Klingner R.E., “Validation of Material Properties and Masonry Standards Joint Committee Code Provisions for Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Masonry,” Proceedings, 11th North American Masonry Conference, 2011, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Tanner J.E., Schuller M.P., Thompson M.L, and Wo S., “Validation of a Newly Developed Standard for Evaluating Mortars for the Repair of Historic Masonry (ASTM C1713-10),” Proceedings, 11th North American Masonry Conference, 2011, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Schultz, A., Bean-Popehn, J., Tanner, J.E. “Influence of Lateral Loading and Inelastic Buckling on Moment Magnification of URM Walls” Proceedings, 8th International Masonry Conference 2010, Dresden, Germany.
- Deng J., Tanner J.E., Dolan C.W., Mukai D.J. "Development of Accelerated Ageing Test Specimen for Bonded CFRP Systems" ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, V6, No.3, pp. 12, 2009.
- Dolan C.W., Tanner J.E., Hamilton H.R., Mukai D.J., Douglas E., "Design Guidelines for the Durability of Bonded CFRP Repair/Strengthening of Concrete Beams" Report, National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) 2009.
- Coombs J., Tanner J.E., "Development of Laboratories for Masonry Testing and Non-Destructive Evaluation" The Masonry Society Journal, V. 26, No. 2, pp 9-20, 2008.
- Behrens C.M., Tanner J.E., "Development of R-Values for Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Produced in the United States" The Masonry Society Journal, V. 26, No. 1, pp. 39-45, 2008.
- Dolan C.W.,Tanner J.E., "Microcracking and Time-Dependent Strains in High Strength Concrete" ACI Special Publication. SP 249: Selected Landmark Papers in Concrete Materials Research, pp. 221-224, 2008.
- Parker C.K., Tanner J.E., Varela J.L., "Evaluation of ASTM Methods to Determine Splitting Tensile Strength in Concrete, Masonry, and Autoclaved Aerated Concrete" ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation. V. 4, No. 2, pp. 12, 2007.
- Insel E., Olsen M., Tanner J.E., Dolan C.W., "Carbon Fiber Connectors for Concrete Sandwich Panels: Shear Transfer Strength of Grid Connectors Provides Better Thermal Efficiency" Concrete International. V. 28, No. 10, pp. 33-38, 2006.
- Varela J.L., Tanner J.E. and Klingner R.E., "Development of R and Cd Factors for Seismic Design of AAC Structures," Earthquake Spectra, The Professional Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), V. 22, No. 1, pp 267-286, 2006.
- Tanner J.E., Varela J. L., Brightman M.J., Cancino U. and Klingner R. E., "Seismic Testing of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) Shear Walls: A Complete Review," ACI Structures Journal, V. 102, No. 3, pp. 374-382, 2005.
- Tanner J.E., Varela J. L., and Klingner R. E., "Design and testing of a Two-Story, Full-Scale Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) Assemblage Specimen," ACI Structures Journal, 102, No. 1, pp. 114-119, 2005.
Book Chapters and Design Guides
- Tanner J.E., Klingner R.E., Barnett R.E., Itzler K., Babbitt F., "Guide for Design and Construction with Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Panels", (in press). State of the Art Guide published by American Concrete Institute, 2009.
- Tanner J.E., Klingner R.E., Barnett R.E., "Design of AAC Masonry" New chapter in Masonry Design Guide (MDG). Book published by The Masonry Society, 2007.
- Tanner J.E., "Investigacion del Campo de Mamposteria" Invited speaker for 2008 Masonry Seminar in Costa Rica. August 2008.
- Tanner J.E., "Masonry Laboratory Website" University Professors Masonry Workshop, March 2008.
- Tanner J.E., "Enhancement of Masonry Curriculums through Virtual Laboratory Development" 10th North American Masonry Conference, St. Louis, May 2007.
- Tanner J.E., "Assessment of the Thermal Properties of AAC Masonry Walls and Panels" TMS Fall Meeting, October 2006.
- Tanner J.E., "Strut-and-tie Design of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Floor Diaphragms" ACI Spring Meeting, March 2006.
- Tanner J.E., "Structural Stabilization of Historic Bradford-Perley House" ACI Fall Meeting, October 2005.