Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Distance Education

Professional Development FAQs

Professional Development Courses Sponsored by Outside Agencies


1.  How many contact hours are required, per credit hour?

     15 contact hours make up 1 credit hour. The maximum number of credit hours per course is three.

2.  How does the grading system work for these classes?

     These classes are graded as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) only.

3.  What information needs to be included with the Course Request Form (CRF)?

     The Course Request Form must be filled out completely, and a syllabus for the class must be included. If the instructor hasn’t taught a course for UW before, he/she will need to include his/her “Curriculum Vitae.”

4.  How early do I need to submit a Course Request Form?

     The Course Request Form needs to be submitted with the relevant information, no fewer than 45 days prior to the first day of class.

5.  What happens if my Course Request Form is late?

     Exceptions are occasionally granted, but keep in mind; you cannot advertise UW credit for a course until that course has been approved by the appropriate UW academic college and department.

6.  What should I do if there aren’t students who wish to take my class for credit?

     If no one has registered for the class you offered, it must be canceled for UW credit. Please call or email: Rachel Sanchez for courses in all locations at 307-766-5272,

7.  How does a student drop a class?

     To drop a class, the student needs to call: Rachel Sanchez for courses in all locations at 307-766-5272,

          The registration fee is non-refundable.

          A student can be dropped from the class provided that grades have not been submitted by the instructor.

8.  If a student drops a “Professional Development/Outside Agency Sponsored Course,” will he/she
receive a refund?

     No, “Outside Agency Sponsored” course fees are non-refundable.

9.  How can a student request a transcript?

     On the WyoWeb log in page go to the "Get Your Username and Initial Password" link in the brown box on the left side of the screen.

     Click on that link to open a new window.

     Enter last name, date of birth, and the last four digits of social security number; press submit. A user name and password will be immediately assigned.

     Return to the WyoWeb log in page to enter new user name and password.

     Click on the Alumni/Friends tab

     Find the Transcript Requests channel

     Click the REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT link at the bottom of the channel to request that an official transcript be issued.

     Please allow 2-3 business days for processing.

     To view an unofficial transcript, click on the VIEW UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT link.

10.  Does it cost money to get a transcript?

       No, this is a free service.

11.  What should a student do if a course he/she took is not on his/her transcript?

       Please call the Division of Distance Education: Rachel Sanchez for courses in all locations at 307-766-5272,

Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon