Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Transfer Students


Congratulations! Welcome to the University of Wyoming Family!

You have what it takes to be a successful student at the University of Wyoming. Working hard at your previous schools and institutions has warranted your acceptance and we are thrilled to have you as part of our family. We look forward to watching you achieve your goals, explore new opportunities, and develop friendships, all of which will benefit you for a lifetime. Below are a few simple steps to complete as you prepare for your future at UW.

WyoWeb username creation becomes available after you have been accepted to the University of Wyoming. 

Your Nine Next Steps!

1. Log into WyoWeb

The WyoWeb portal will contain all of your main information, including enrollment and financial aid. First, you will need your username and password. To view your checklist, there will be a link in the WyoRecords section; it will prompt you to log in with your username and password to view your information. Need help creating a username and password? Check out this video!

2. Confirm your Enrollment

For Transfer Students entering in the fall semester, there is a $300 enrollment deposit that is due by May 1st at 11:59 pm MDT. If your plans change, the $300 enrollment deposit is refundable through May 1st. For students applying after May 1st, the enrollment deposit is due within three weeks of your admissions acceptance and is non-refundable. This deposit holds your place in the incoming class and “alerts” the University of your intention to attend. The deposit includes a prepayment towards your student tuition and fees. Confirm your Enrollment today!

3. Check your UW Email

Once you confirm your enrollment at UW, we now recognize you as part of our community. Please check your WyoWeb account often to access your e-mail account. This e-mail address will have important updates, student event, deadlines, and financial aid information.

4. Apply for Housing

Transfer students with 24+ hours have their choice of housing, either on campus or off. Consider the campus apartments. Transfer students with under 24 hours are required to live in the residence halls. For more information please call Residence Life and Dining Services at (307) 766-3175.

5. Submit the MMR Immunization Form

All students must turn in proof of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination prior to course registration. You will not be able to register for semester classes if you have not met this requirement. For further information about the MMR vaccination requirement, please contact Student Health Service.

6. Register for Orientation

Orientation is available for all transfer students. This is your chance to meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, explore UW services and connect with other students.

7. Financial Aid and Scholarships

Students who would like to be considered for need-based financial assistance must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This should be completed between January 1st and March 1st before you begin school to be considered for need-based aid and many of Wyoming’s scholarship programs. If you have completed the FAFSA, please visit Student Financial Aid - Award Notice for information on viewing and accepting your financial aid.

8. Submit Final Transcripts

To finalize your admissions, scholarships, and financial aid, please have final official transcripts sent to the UW Admissions Office. You can verify this process has been completed through WyoWeb.

University of Wyoming Admissions
Dept. 3435 | 1000 E. University Avenue | Laramie, WY 82071

9. Can One Student Make an Impact?

You Can! Impact your Cowboy experience through student connections on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube; through involvement in campus organizations, athletics, fraternity and sorority life; and in your new community through the Service, Leadership, and Community Engagement (SLCE) Office.

Additional items to consider:

-Access Your Credit Evaluation

Learn more about accessing your transfer credit evaluations on WyoWeb.

-Student Medical Insurance

Before students may register for classes, you are required to accept or decline UW Student Medical Insurance.

-Advising and Registration

The University of Wyoming has a mandatory advising policy for all students (except non-degree graduate and outreach students). Contact your department of study or review the college information on WyoWeb to learn more about getting advised so you can register for classes.

Once you have been advised and given your Personal Electronic Registration Code (PERC), you may register for classes through your WyoWeb under the WyoRecords section.

-Math Prerequisites/Math Placement Exams (MPE)

If you are not transferring in college-level math credit, you made need to take the Math Placement Exam (MPE). You can take the MPE through your WyoWeb.

-Foreign Language Credit-by-Exam

If you have taken high school level classes in a foreign language but have not earned college or AP/IB credit, you may be able to place into a higher level to begin.

-Tuition and Fees

Payment for university charges are due the first week of the semester. Installment options exist.


Textbooks can be ordered online and either shipped to you or picked up when you arrive on campus.

University Store | Dept. 3255 | 1000 E. University Avenue | Laramie, WY 82072 | | (307) 766-3264

-Transportation, IDs, and Parking Permits

Transportation: There are several options for transportation to Laramie.

IDs: Students may upload their photo online on WyoWeb. Your card will be printed over the summer and will be available for pickup when you check into your residence hall in the fall. Students who are not living in the residence halls need to stop by the ID Office in Knight Hall Room 28 to pick up your student ID; it will be available approximately two weeks before the start of the fall semester. Photo uploads need to be completed about a month before the semester begins (for example, in July for students starting fall semester).

Students are also welcome to stop by the WyoOne ID Office once you have been admitted to have your photo taken.

Parking Permits: You will need a permit if you decide to park on campus. Permits can be purchased on WyoWeb (for fall semester, they are available starting in late July).


Please contact us at (800) 342-5996 or e-mail us at  Our goal is to help you make a smooth transition. We are looking forward to seeing you on campus next semester!

Share This Page:

Contact Us

Admissions | Knight Hall 150

Department 3435

1000 E. University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5160

Toll Free: (800) 342-5996

Fax: (307) 766-4042


Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window) Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon