Small Acreage Outreach Coordinator
University of Wyoming Extension
5015 Stone Road
Laramie, WY 82070
Phone: (307) 745-3698
October 29, 2015
9:00am – 2:00pm
Uinta County Conservation District
204 East Sage St.
Topics will include soil testing, saline soils, irrigation, and monitoring soil health in the field. Bring a shovel full of soil from your field and copy of your soil test if you have one. We will spend the morning in the classroom and the afternoon in the field.
Free – Lunch provided. Pre-registration is required, call 307-783-0570.
Oct. 29, 2015
10a – 1pm
Natrona County Weed & Pest District
6819 W Yellowstone Hwy
Register by Oct.27. For more information, contact Scott Cotton at 307-235-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org No Fee but limited space.
November 12, 16, 19 & 23, 2015
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Fremont County Fairgrounds – Armory
1010 Fairground Rd
Cost: $75 or $60 High School College Students
For more information or to sign up call:
Kim Collins, Fremont County Extension Office 307-332-2363
Chance Marshall, UW Extension Educator 307-682-7281 email@example.com
November 20, 2015
UW Extension learning Ctr
2011 Fairgrounds Rd
(south of central wyoming fairgrounds)
Land Management experts will be on hand to make brief presentations and answer landowner questions about available information, programs and resources for wildfire recovery.
Pre-register at (307)235-9400 by November 18 at 5pm. There is no Fee.
• Determining Plant Burn Severity / Understanding Recovery—Scott Cotton, UW Area
• Extension Educator for Agriculture/Disaster Resilience.
• Controlling Cheatgrass, Weeds To Expect and Weed Programs—Brian Connelly, Director Natrona County Weed & Pest District.
• USDA Programs for Landowners—Deena McDaniels (FSA) & NRCS Staff
• Rethinking A Landscape—Waterwise & Firewise Plants—Donna Hoffman, UW County Horticulture Educator.
• Determining A Grazing Approach After Wildfire—Ashley Garrelts, UW Extension Area
• Sustainable Range Educator
• What To Expect From Wind & Water Erosion—Lisa Ogden, Director—Natrona County Conservation District
• Firewise Building Recommendations—TBA