Bachelor of Applied Sciences - Organizational Leadership
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
As with all degree programs offered at the University of Wyoming, student assessment is an integral piece of the Bachelor of Applied Science Program. By graduation, students are expected to demonstrate a proficient level in each of the Student Learning Outcomes for the program:
- Goal I. To develop proficiency in accessing, evaluating and utilizing information and ideas
- Goal II. To develop proficiency in communicating information and ideas effectively and responsibly.
- Goal III. To gain an appreciation for civic engagement as a mechanism for individual, organizational and community problem solving.
- Goal IV. To demonstrate the ability to acquire, evaluate and utilize information and data.
- Goal V. To demonstrate an understanding of organizational design, behavior, ethical practices, and effective managerial and supervisory practices.
- Goal VI. To gain an understanding of social, cultural, economic and environmental contexts essential for effective leadership and the management of change.
These outcomes will be assessed through such means as rubrics for the final paper in AGRI 3000 Discovering and Utilizing Ideas and Information and final project for AGRI 4960 BAS Internship, self and mentor evaluations in AGRI 4960 BAS Internship, and student exit interviews the semester of graduation. For more information, please access the BAS Annual Report .
BAS Check List