About the UW Foundation
The UW Foundation has been a dynamic partner with the University of Wyoming for 53 years. Through the generosity of our many alumni and friends, the UW Foundation raises an average of $40.7 million a year in private support-money that goes to students and the faculty, staff, and programs that support them. This private support helps to make UW the best educational institution possible.
The University of Wyoming Foundation, established in 1962, is appointed by the University Board of Trustees to raise, receive, and manage private gifts to maximize support for the University of Wyoming. It is an independent, nonprofit corporation with a Board of Directors comprised of up to 30 members.
In practicing the following guiding principles, the UW Foundation will strive to earn the trust and mutual respect of our peers and constituent partners while inspiring exceptional pride in the University of Wyoming.
The UW Foundation aspires to be a premier strategic partner with the University of Wyoming in achieving its desire to become the nation's finest land-grant university.
The UW Foundation enhances excellence and distinction at the University of Wyoming by securing private resources, delivering superior stewardship, and creating enduring relationships with all who share our pride in Wyoming's university.
The UW Foundation seeks to set the highest performance standards in the following areas, which we consider essential to the successful achievement of our mission and attainment of our vision.
Departments Within the UW Foundation
Our fundraising efforts are responsibly and effectively implemented by the following departments.
- Development – The Development team works closely with individual donors and with the university to focus on the priorities of each, helping to guide the significant and thoughtful commitments that have a major impact on the future of Wyoming’s university. Contact John Stark, Senior Vice President for Development, at (307) 766-3930 or email@example.com.
- Annual Giving – UW Annual Giving focuses on acquiring regular yearly contributions, thus creating a vital and dependable source of private support to help the University of Wyoming fulfill its mission of being one of the nation’s finest public land-grant research universities. Contact Candy Paradis, Director of Annual Giving at (307) 766-3933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Corporate Giving – Some of the most significant impacts across the University of Wyoming campus have come from the remarkable support of corporations. Gifts campus-wide have built buildings, created new programs, and underwritten research that changes the world as we know it. Contact Brett Befus, Director of Corporate Development, at (307) 766-1802 or email@example.com.
- Foundation Giving – Foundations have made such a lasting impact on Wyoming’s students and the colleges, programs, and facilities that support them. Student by student, foundation-supported scholarships have built a wealth of human capital. Contact Katrina McGee, Director of Foundation Development, at (307) 766-4266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planned Giving – The UW Foundation’s gift planning staff assists donors in integrating charitable gifts into their financial, tax, and estate-planning objectives, maximizing benefits to both donors and the University of Wyoming. Planned gifts provide donors with an immediate tax deduction and other benefits such as life income, continued use of gift property, or elimination of capital gains tax. Contact Clayton Melinkovich, Associate Director of Planned Giving, at (307) 766-4259 or email@example.com.
- Administration and Donor Relations – The Administration and Donor Relations team provides invaluable support for the activities of all departments of the foundation, including advancement operations, donor relations, gift processing, event planning, stewardship support, human resources, and management of the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center, among many other things. Contact Mary Ivanoff, Vice President for Administration and Donor Relations, at (307) 766-3937 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Services – Providing a reliable, growing source of income to the University of Wyoming is one of the foundation’s main objectives, and its Financial Services team, through the board’s investment policies, proactively and prudently manages the university’s private assets in order to preserve or increase the real principal value of its endowment. This in turn provides permanent capital and a dependable stream of income for the university and its programs, despite trends in the economy or administrative changes. Contact Mary Ann Garman, Vice President for Financial Services, at (307) 766-3939 or email@example.com.
- Marketing and Communications – The Marketing and Communications team helps coordinate the strategic vision of the foundation and communicates that vision in a variety of media to university and foundation constituencies. IT is included under Marketing and Communications. Contact Toby Marlatt, Vice President for Marketing and Communications, at (307) 766-5085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prospect Management – The Prospect Management team ensures the best possible fit between donors and the university, facilitating that relationship and the fulfillment of the goals of both. Contact Colleen Reese, Coordinator, Prospect Research, at (307) 766-3921 or email@example.com.