Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Scholarships and Money

Frequently Asked Questions

Due to the annual changes, please refer to this website for most accurate information about tuition and cost of attendance: 
The University of Wyoming offers scholarships for students who meet particular eligibility criteria, and they are often based on merit or financial need. For awards based on financial need, students must  file a FAFSA for the following academic school year before the scholarship's posted application deadline. All scholarships are awarded through the online application system called WyoScholarshipsInformation about how to write a scholarship essay and links to scholarship websites can be found here.
If you have purchased a 12-per-week, 15-per-week, or unlimited dining plan from Residence Life and Dining Services (RL&DS), they will deposit funds into your dining dollars (aka Dining$$) debit (declining balance) account that is accessed using the WyoOne ID card. That money can be used at the RL&DS food outlets on campus and some of the campus vending machines. At the start of each new contract year, any remaining funds in your Dining Dollars account will automatically be forfeited. You can check the balance of your Dining Dollars here.
If you need to print more than 150 free black-and-white pages per semester, you can pay for additional printing through the Print Quota Increase Utility (requires login with username and password). Students who use this utility can agree to be billed for increases to their UWStudent print balance instead of paying for print quota increases in advance. For more information, click here

If you use the entire amount and needs to continue to print, you can pay for additional print quota though the Print Quota Increase utility or go to the pay station located in the Information Technology Center computer lab. This utility is an agreement for increases to their UWStudent print balance as needed instead of paying for print quota increases in advance. Each black and white single-sided print job is $0.05, and double-sided print jobs are $0.07 on average. Laser color prints are $0.50-1.25.

Quota increases will be available immediately. Information Technology will be processing the bills daily (Monday through Friday). The deposited amount will appear on a student's university bill. 

If you wish to work on campus, check with Human Resources about non work-study job opportunities. In addition, the city of Laramie has employment opportunities that are listed in the Laramie Boomerang classifieds

Federal Work-Study is a need-based program where eligible students can work in various departments on campus. To apply, you must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

If you are offered Federal Work-Study, you will be able to accept your award on WyoWeb, under the Student Financials Tab, Financial Aid Awards.  You will then need to review and apply for Federal Work-Study positions through the Human Resources website (click view and apply under Job Listings --> Student and Work-Study).

Part-time pay rate will be based on an hourly wage determined by the department you are working for, but it will not be less than the federal minimum wage.  Part time employees are paid bi-monthly on the 15th and the last working day of each month.  On the 1st and 16th of the month, the department will process any hours you have worked during each pay period.  Students can opt to have their paychecks directly deposited into their bank accounts or mailed to the addresses on file with Payroll. Please contact Human Resources for information about direct deposit or to change your mailing address. More information is availabe here.

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon