New Employees - Information & Onboarding
Welcome to the University of Wyoming and congratulations on your new position.
Please review the following items to ensure that you get a great start at your new job:
- Access your UW email account. It's easy! To initiate your access, you can do so via WyoWeb or by visiting the IT Login Information page. Just complete the requested fields, and the system will provide you with your UW Username and an initial password. Your email address will be your username "@uwyo.edu". If you are accessing HRMS while Off-Campus, see the following documents to help get you through the 2-Factor-Authentication process: Accessing HRMS Off-Campus Help and Accessing HRMS Off-Campus Tutorial.
- Complete your I-9 and payroll documents. On or before your first day of work, be sure to complete Section I of the Electronic Form I-9 for employment via HRMS Self-Service (Main Menu>Self-Service>Personal Information>Form I-9. Once Section I of the Electronic Form I-9 is completed, the employee has up to 3 business days after their start date to complete Section II of the Electronic Form I-9, which is completed by HR at our office – located in Wyoming Hall room 139. Please see the List of Acceptable Documents if necessary. See our step-by-step instructions for completing Section I of the Form I-9 or call HR at 307-766-5604 if you have any questions. Due to federal law, failure to complete the I-9 within the appropriate time frames as outlined above will result in the employee’s automatic termination and that individual must cease work immediately. Departments may also be subject to fines, related to audits by the State or Federal Government, for any late hires. If you are beginning your employment and will not be stationed at the main campus, please see the instructions to complete the I-9 via Notary or Authorized Representative. While completing paperwork in HR, you also have the option to complete the following payroll forms: direct deposit and W-4. Please contact Human Resources at 307-766-2377 if you have any questions regarding this or other required documentation.
- Attend New Employee Orientation. New Employee Orientation will introduce you to the many benefits afforded to eligible benefited employees including health, dental, life insurance, vision & disability plans, flexible spending and health savings accounts, paid time off and retirement. These morning presentations are offered once per month to help ensure that all new employees receive the necessary information about your benefit options, costs, deadlines and required forms. A brief Summary of Benefits provides an overview of your benefits, and a packet with detailed information will be distributed at New Employee Orientation. For your convenience, we also have a complete list of dates, time and location for all 2016-2017 New Employee Orientations scheduled. If alternate arrangements are needed, please notify your Employment & Staffing Partner or contact Michelle Holmes at 307-766-2438. To review information covered at New Employee Orientation, please visit our New Employee Orientation page.
- Review Employee Handbook. The Employee Handbook is required reading for all employees.
- Think about parking. While you are visiting HR to complete paperwork, you are welcome to use the 30 minute loading/unloading zone between McWhinnie Hall and Wyoming Hall. There is also metered parking available for use directly north of the UniWyo Bank branch on the west side of McWhinnie Hall. To find out more about obtaining a parking permit, please visit Transit & Parking Services.
- Get your WyoOne ID Card. As UW Staff, you have the option to obtain an identification card. Your first card is $10.00 (replacements are $20.00). To get your official WyoOne ID card you will need to bring a valid government issued photo ID (Drivers' License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) with you. UW staff can use the WyoOne card to write checks on campus, use library services, use debit card features, purchase recreation through Half Acre Gym and may also be used to obtain certain discounts at UW athletic events.
- Explore UW. The University of Wyoming offers many opportunities and amenities to employees. Interested in health and wellness? Visit Half Acre Gym for information on gym passes, wellness classes and more! For campus dining opportunities, visit Residence Life and Dining's page on campus dining services. Need supplies for your new workspace or a UW shirt to wear on Fridays? The University Store stocks office supplies, books, apparel and more. Want to take a class? Check out our tuition waiver benefit. Do you have more questions? Contact UW Human Resources at 307-766-2215.