Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

A Quick and Easy Guide to FAFSA

October 1, 2018
Begin submitting your FAFSA information today!

By: Sam Stein, School of Energy Resources Student Ambassador

The Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FASFA) form for college financial aid is now open for the 2018-2019 school year. Applying is quick and easy. Here’s what you’ll need to do:

  1. Apply for a FSA ID to electronically sign you FASFA. Have your parents apply for one as well if you are a dependent student.
  2. Go to to complete the online application.
  3. Make sure you have your 2016 income and tax information. THIS IS REQUIRED!
  4. Additional information needed includes your Social Security number, your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student, your driver’s license number, your Alien Registration number if you are not a U.S. citizen, records of your untaxed income, and information on cash, savings and checking account balances.
  5. You will also need the University of Wyoming’s (UW) federal school code. Our code is 003932.

Completing FASFA online takes only a few minutes and is completely free. You can access the website by going to or where you can learn a bit more about FASFA from UW.

Follow Federal Student Aid on Twitter for current updates.

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon