Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
Doctoral Degrees in Education with doctoral candidate with child

Student Resources

School of Teacher Education Doctoral Program Student Resources

Resources for Graduation

  • Visit the Commencement webpage.
  • Form a graduate committee and fill out a Program of Study, being sure to include all core courses, and get committee approval.
  • Complete all coursework on approved Program of Study.
  • The semester you intend to graduate, you must do the following:
    • Be enrolled in at least one credit.  If all of your coursework is complete, you can enroll in continuous registration.
    • Submit an anticipated graduation date form to the Registrar's office as early in the semester as possible (or the semester prior). This form should be signed by you.  If there are problems with any of your paperwork at this time, you will be contacted by the Registrar's office and/or the C&I Office Associate.
    • Fill out and have your committee sign the Report of Final Examination Form at the defense or at their approval.  Dissertation and Plan A Thesis students must sign the form, but Plan B non-thesis students do not need to do so.  This form should then be given to the C&I Office Associate for other signatures and delivery to the Registrar. This form is not needed if you are ONLY doing a graduate certificate.
    • Students doing a dissertation or thesis must submit their completed work to Proquest.  See the Thesis and Dissertation guide above for details.  Plan B students do not need to submit their completed work to anyone but the committee.
    • Pay the graduation fee to the Registrar's Office.  Please contact them for details.
    • Students who wish to participate in the College of Education graduation ceremony should contact  Debbie Martinez.  The ceremony is held only once per year at the end of the Spring semester.  Students may graduate in Fall or Summer as well, but if they want to participate in the ceremony, they must walk at the next Spring commencement.

*All paperwork must be complete and submitted prior to the last day of class you wish to graduate.  This varies by semester but is typically the first week of December for Fall, the last week of April for Spring, and the first week of August for Summer.  Exact dates can be found on the University calendar.

Contact Us

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon