Accessible Entrance (ramps, power activated doors, etc.)
- Southeast entrance via a ramp and power activated doors provides access to the Geology Museum and the rest of the Geology building when the museum is open.
- In the northwest corner of the museum, near the Columbian Mammoth exhibit, there is a power activated door providing access to the 1st floor of the Geology building
- Northeast entrance to the Earth Science building via a ramp and power activated door provides access to the 1st floor of the Geology building by passing through the atrium. As of 9/2012, the availability of this path varies depending on contruction north of the building. Advise using other entrances until contruction is completed.
- West entrance of the Earth Science building via sloped sidewalk and power activated doors provides access to the 1st floor of the Geology building by passing through the atrium
- A ramp in the atrium provides access to the connection between buildings on the 1st floor
- Access to Geology can also be accomplished from Lewis Street via the north entrance to Earth Sciences. (See Earth Sciences for more information.)
Accessible Parking (accessible spaces, paths, etc.)
- Using spaces in the 10th & Lewis lot currently provides the closest accessible parking to the Geology Building. When construction in the area is concluded, this site will be updated with more current information on accessible parking close to the Geology Building.
- Elevator is located on the southwest side of the Earth Science building and services floors B-3R with a walkway providing access to the Geology building
- The walkways for the Geology building are on elevator levels 1, 2R, and 3R of the Earth Science building
- There are lifts on the west side of the building that provide access to the lower and upper levels of each floor
- To obtain a lift key, contact
- Diane Gerhart, Geology, Rm. 102, (766-3392)
- UDSS, Knight Hall Rm. 109, (766-6189)
- Men's and Women's accessible restrooms are located on each floor of the Earth Science building
- The accessible restroom on the 1st floor is located in the east corridor near the drinking fountains
- The accessible restrooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor are located on the lower levels (2R and 3R) near the elevators
- Museum is located on the southeast side of the Geology building and is accessible via a ramp and power activated doors
- The balcony of the Museum is located on the 2nd floor of the Geology building and can be accessed by taking the elevator to floor 2R in the Earth Science building and by following the walkway into the second floor of Geology
Back to Top