Click here for copy of our Annual Security Report.
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave. Dept. 3124
Laramie, WY 82071
The University of Wyoming Police Department is dedicated to providing quality law enforcement services to our community. Our mission is to protect life and property; preserve the peace; prevent crime; and enforce all laws, ordinances, and university regulations in a fair and impartial manner. We respect the rights of all people and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our community.
The University of Wyoming Police Department (UWPD) is the principal law enforcement agency serving the University of Wyoming. The UWPD operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is responsible for law enforcement, public safety, building security, and traffic control within the university. Nested within these traditional law enforcement functions are numerous non-enforcement activities, which include; fingerprinting*, VIN inspections*, lights-out surveys, money escorts, pick-up and storage of lost and found items, as well as other services that benefit the community.
*Fingerprints and VIN inspections are done Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm and 4:30 pm-5:30 pm and are subject to officer availability.
- The 2015 Abandoned Property and Bike Auction has been scheduled! The auction will take place on September 2nd at 4pm with viewing beginning at 3pm.
- The UWPD Responds to Sexual Assault Report
- Effective immediately, VIN Inspection are $10 for all patrons.
- If you would like to sign up for our UW Alert Text Program please visit our sign up page.
- Effective immediately, fingerprints are $5 per card for all patrons.
- Read about our Canine Department here.