Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Residence Life & Dining

Frequently Asked Questions

Residence Life & Dining

To help them maximize their potential, the UW Trustees have established a policy requiring new students to live in UW residence halls during their first academic year on campus and to contract for a minimum of a 12-accesses-per-week dining plan. 
The University of Wyoming offers many learning communities that provide students an opportunity to reside in close proximity with others who share similar interests. A Freshman Interest Group (FIG) is one such option. Students live on the same floor of a designated residence hall and attend various events with their FIG Residence Assistant (RA). Other floors or half-floors have special designations. For example, there are floors for engineering majors, honors students, first-generation students, Native Americans, Army ROTC, Airforce ROTC, all gender, female-only, or male-only. In addition, the Honors House is available to select students who turn in their housing contracts by a designated deadline.
For first-year students, Saddle Up is a required program that takes place one week before the the start of the semester. For current move-in dates, check the Residence Life and Dining website.
The current Washakie Dining Center hours and prices can be accessed at the Dining website.
Residence Life and Dining camn be reached toll free at 1-866-653-0212 or locally at 307-766-3175. Email

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon