What We've Accomplished Since Our Last Review
Since reaccreditation in 2009-2010, UW’s notable achievements include:
- Implementation of a new University Studies Program, including first-year seminars that engage new students immediately in the college
academic experience, help in the transition from high school and give them the skills
they need to succeed -- including critical and creative thinking, inquiry and analysis.
and writing and speaking proficiency.
- Implementation of dozens of 2+2 articulation agreements with Wyoming community colleges, assuring community college students that courses
they’re taking will meet requirements for bachelor’s degrees at UW.
- Creation and initial implementation of “Breaking Through: 2017-2022”, the university’s five-year strategic plan.
- Implementation of the WyoCloud financial and human resource management system.
- Creation of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the hiring of UW’s first chief diversity officer.
- Creation of the UW Honors College.
- Programmatic and facilities improvements resulting from UW’s Science Initiative, Engineering Initiative and Trustees Education Initiative.
- Implementation of a new professional advising model, allowing all first-year, distance and transfer students to interact with highly
trained, professional advisers, with major and program advising done by highly trained,