- Apply to UW
- Programs & Majors
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Current Students
- UW Life
- About UW
This is your one-stop shop if you are a high school senior. Here you'll find resources to help you choose a post-secondary path, apply for the FAFSA, write a stand-out scholarship essay, create a cover letter, and more! Access the senior guidebook here!
What is the FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Why Should I complete the FAFSA?
It is important to complete the FAFSA because it determines eligibility for Federal Financial aid. As well as providing information for Federal Aid the FAFSA is also used to determine eligibility for many scholarships including the GEAR UP Institutional Scholarship.
What do I need to complete the FAFSA?
· Your Social Security number or Alien Registration number (if you’re not a US Citizen)
· Your Federal Tax Returns from 2 years prior - Tax return information may be transferable using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool
· Bank Statements & Records of Investment (if applicable)
· Records of untaxable income (if applicable)
· An FSA ID to sign electronically
If you are a dependent student, you will also need most of the above information for your parents. The above information was found on the FAFSA Help Page.
When should I complete the FAFSA?
·October 1, 2022: FAFSA opens for the following school year, get ahead by completing your FAFSA as early as possible
· January 15, 2023: FAFSA must be completed to be eligible for the University of Wyoming GEAR UP Institution Scholarship (Verify scholarship title)
· June 30, 2023: FAFSA must completed by this date
The Hathaway Scholarship was established to help Wyoming’s students prepare for and pursue their post-secondary education within the state of Wyoming.
Every Wyoming middle and high school student is automatically eligible for the Hathaway Scholarship. By maintaining a certain GPA, test scores, and class requirements throughout high school, students have the opportunity to graduate with the Hathaway Scholarship. They can use their Hathaway Scholarship to pay for tuition at the University of Wyoming or a Wyoming community college.
For more information on the Hathaway Scholarship, visit http://hathawayscholarship.org/
Discussion about the Hathaway Scholarship and the necessary requirements.
Need help getting prepared for college? Unsure if you're ready to enroll in college courses? Check out the Summer Melt Web Page (linked below) to find out if they can help!