Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Official Vehicle Policy

Anyone who wishes to drive any vehicle on University of Wyoming business must complete the following forms no later than DECEMBER 1st in order to be granted driving privileges for the following calendar year. Requests can also be made if driving becomes a requirement during the year. Drivers must meet all qualification requirements set forth in the Official Vehicle Policy.
Open prairie

Driving Privileges

All University of Wyoming requests for a MVR (employee and non-employee) may be requested using the Motor Vehicle Request Form at Motor Vehicle Request Form.


University of Wyoming Owned Vehicle

Passengers are not allowed to travel in a University of Wyoming owned vehicle if they are not directly related to and/or required as part of University business; rare exceptions can be made at the discretion of the Risk Management Department. Passenger Exception Forms are listed below and must be received at least five (5) working days prior to the planned travel.

One Time Passenger Exception

Extended Duration Passenger Exception

Personally Owned Vehicle

If passengers not related to UW business are traveling on UW business in a PERSONALLY OWNED VEHICLE, one of the following waivers must be signed by each passenger (or their legal guardian if the passenger is a minor) and be on file in your department prior to any travel. Departments are responsible for filing the waivers with Risk Management.

One Time Passenger Exception

Extended Duration Passenger Exception

Contact Us

Risk Management and Safety

1000 E. University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5767

Fax: (307) 766-3024


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon