Doctoral Program Student Resources
Resources for All Students
Resources by Program
Curriculum & Instruction
Resources for Graduation
- Visit the Commencement webpage.
- Form a graduate committee and fill out a Program of Study, being sure to include all
core courses, and get committee approval.
- Complete all coursework on approved Program of Study.
- The semester you intend to graduate, you must do the following:
- Be enrolled in at least one credit. If all of your coursework is complete, you can
enroll in continuous registration.
- Declare your graduation date through WyoRecords as early in the semester as possible (or the semester prior). If there are problems
with any of your paperwork at this time, you will be contacted by the Registrar's
office and/or the C&I Office Associate.
- Fill out and have your committee sign the Report of Final Examination Form at the defense or at their approval. Dissertation and Plan A Thesis students must
sign the form, but Plan B non-thesis students do not need to do so. This form should
then be given to the C&I Office Associate for other signatures and delivery to the
Registrar. This form is not needed if you are ONLY doing a graduate certificate.
- Students doing a dissertation or thesis must submit their completed work to Proquest.
See the Dissertation Format Guide for details. Plan B students do not need to submit their completed work to anyone
but the committee.
- Pay the graduation fee to the Registrar's Office. Please contact them for details.
- Students who wish to participate in the College of Education graduation ceremony should
contact Britany Kathan. The ceremony is held only once per year at the end of the Spring semester. Students
may graduate in Fall or Summer as well, but if they want to participate in the ceremony,
they must walk at the next Spring commencement.
*All paperwork must be complete and submitted prior to the last day of class you wish
to graduate. This varies by semester but is typically the first week of December
for Fall, the last week of April for Spring, and the first week of August for Summer.
Exact dates can be found on the University calendar.